+ Reply to Thread

Thread: does anyone know a good book with sniper or psychi as theme

does anyone know a good book with sniper or psychi as theme

hi,

well I post this thread before but i think the post must have been remove due to me using the lingo. either that or I must have delete somehow.

Anyhow, I seem to have craving for some book that deal with psychic or sniper (or assassin). It would be great if the book is set in fantasy or sf world. I actually prefer a book that deal with sort of coming of age power or starting of his craft sort of thing.

To give you an idea of what book I read that it is similar: assassin's apprentice by robin hobb. And ender's game.

Also I won't mind a book that involves with cyberpunk or hacker.

thank for any help you can give me and hopefully I will find this thread again.

Er. Well, I have no idea, but if you do a search for the book you mentioned on amazon.com, they usually come up with a list of "people who bought this book also bought...." books that often have similar themes.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Vince Flynn has a good assassin line. Start with "Transfer of Power." Thomas Perry also has some good ones. "Pursuit," was good, and "The Butcher's Boy." Then I read this one, and forgive me, I can't remember the author--the story was okay, but it had the best title I've ever seen for an "assassin" book. It was called "People Die." I love that. (And I'm a huge OSC fan, if that proves my credibility).
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

No snipers, but since you mentioned Ender's Game--along the lines of cyberpunk, futurism and the military, I cannot more highly recommend anything by Neal Stephenson; specifically, Snow Crash. Try it. You won't be disappointed.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread