+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Any chick lit type fans out there?

Shopaholic and Sister

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Just started the new Shopaholic book- Shopaholic and Sister. I don't think it's going to be as good as the others, but it's not terrible so far. A little weird and her best friend Suze seems out of character, but I haven't read the original Shopaholics in a while, so who knows.
    I just finished the audio version (LOVE audible, by the way!) and thought the same as you in the beginning but it turned out to be pretty good in the end. Granted, a little "far-fetched" but with Becky always expect the unexpected!

FORT Fogey
    I just finished it, and you're right, bluey, it did get a lot better in the end. But personally, I would wait until it comes out in paperback to get it. Save a few bucks.

And by the way, to the Fort bluey! I hope to see you around sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I just started reading "Good In Bed". So far, it's really funny. Very Bridget Jones like.
    I'm re-reading it right now, I liked it so much!

*ahem* Hello, my name is AJane, and I'm a new convert to chick lit.

Seriously, a girl at work loaned me Confessions of a Shopaholic, and I hid in the bathtub all weekend with it. It provided some much-needed laughs (and fashion advice ). Guilty pleasure, indeed (plus I was so thrilled to see that Kinsella's heroine is a fellow Eastenders fan ). I may have to pick up the Bridget Jones books now.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJ I have to say that of the Shopaholic series I liked Confessions the best. Manhattan and Ties the Knot annoyed me. Maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to read them. I have yet to read And Sister yet though.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    *ahem* Hello, my name is AJane, and I'm a new convert to chick lit.
    Hi, AJane!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Seriously, a girl at work loaned me Confessions of a Shopaholic, and I hid in the bathtub all weekend with it. It provided some much-needed laughs (and fashion advice ). Guilty pleasure, indeed (plus I was so thrilled to see that Kinsella's heroine is a fellow Eastenders fan ). I may have to pick up the Bridget Jones books now.
    I know what you mean. I was a little at first, until I realized that I didn't care if the Book Police thought less of me for reading something fun. You really MUST read the Bridget Jones books, AJane. Helen Fielding is sooo funny.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I'm really late coming to this thread, but I ADORE chick lit! Not only am I a fan, I'm also an author. LOL!

My faves are Jennifer Weiner, Carole Matthews, Sophie Kinsella, and Laura Caldwell. Just to name a few...

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Hey guys, I'll post soon on the books I've read recently (not as many as usual-- holidays and lots of work cutting into my reading time ) but I wanted to ask:

I've been looking for a book called Dress Rehearsel by Jennifer O'Connel (I think, I have to look it up again, and it's been sold out of the stores nearby. I can order it of course, but that's not as fun.

It must be sold out because it's popular, I know US Weekly featured it as a "pick of the week", I'm always so happy when I see a chick-lit book featured. Has anyone here read it/bought it yet?

Johanna, can't wait for your book to hit the shelves!
    Could does not mean should

Fat, sexy chick gets the guy and dash of reality tv to boot?? I can't wait Johanna!

You just know that the Brit, Nick is going to turn out to be a turd People on the prowl on the internet never tell the truth.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27
    I've been looking for a book called Dress Rehearsel by Jennifer O'Connel (I think, I have to look it up again, and it's been sold out of the stores nearby. I can order it of course, but that's not as fun.
    Okay, since my last post, I bought said book and finished reading it last night.

This was a really good one gals, I highly recommend it!
    Could does not mean should

+ Reply to Thread