+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Any chick lit type fans out there?

I loved Bet Me by Jennifer Cruise so much that I stopped at the used book store and got 4 more of her novels .. if I like them as much I just might go in search of her old harlequin stuff!

Maybe we can use the FORT Chat room once a week or so to discuss chick lit... post your suggested times and days below.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy, her stuff is indeed just that fun. My SIL and I have read 6 or 7 of her novels so far; all cheesy and enjoyable.

I'm only available in the evenings due to the beautiful firewall.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The first time I noticed this thread I tried to ignore it, but it just keeps popping up to the top. I love chick lit, but have been trying to get rid of books not gain more. I fell in love with this genre while living in England a couple of years ago, it is very popular over there. I think I may have to get a few of the books suggested here soon.
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

Welcome to the dark (cheesy) side, charfred!!!

muahahaha we are going to make you one of us charfred!!
    I love chick lit.. its such an easy read and as a person who uses books as an escape chick lit rocks!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Well this thread made me go and dig out one of my Cathy Kelly books. Anyone read any of her books? She is quite good, although her books are longer than a lot of chick lit books. I am going to go to the used book store with a list of authors to look for sometime this week.
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

FYI.. the book I've been reading lately on the busride home is "Girls Night In", a collection of short stories by authors such as Jennifer Weiner, Sophie Kinsella, Meg Cabot, Marian Keyes, Sarah Mlynowski, and other great chick lit authors.

It's a fun read.... a new little escape every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    FYI.. the book I've been reading lately on the busride home is "Girls Night In", a collection of short stories by authors such as Jennifer Weiner, Sophie Kinsella, Meg Cabot, Marian Keyes, Sarah Mlynowski, and other great chick lit authors.

It's a fun read.... a new little escape every day.
    Ohhh I haven't heard of that one. I love chick lit. I'll have to see if I can find it at the bookstore.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Newbie

about getting together for a chat...

If you want to email me or IM me on AIM or YAHOO! We can all discuss a time to discuss chick-lit. I currently findished Clean Slate by Laura Caskall (I think that's her name) and Three Bedrooms in Chelsea (No clue who the author is) Both were wonderful reads, I'd love to discuss Clean Slate with whoever would like to talk about it. It even has a section in the back of the book with questions to discuss in book clubs. So IM me, Email me, whatever, just get in touch

Mail Southerndollie@aol.com
    AIM d415121295
    Yahoo! dolli_82

MARIA

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I just finished Shopaholic and Sister. I liked it. I love the lead charecter, yeah she still hasnt curbed her spending, and that might irritate some people...I find her endearing... Im a fan of this series!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread