+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Any chick lit type fans out there?

Erin and Broadway, I've read most of Marian Keyes' books, and enjoyed all of them. "Sushi for Beginners" wasn't necessarily my favorite, but it was still good. I liked "Rachel's Holiday" and "Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married" the most out of Keyes' books, I think.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Erin and Broadway, I've read most of Marian Keyes' books, and enjoyed all of them. "Sushi for Beginners" wasn't necessarily my favorite, but it was still good. I liked "Rachel's Holiday" and "Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married" the most out of Keyes' books, I think.
    Thanks, Lucy! I'm helping a friend get everything together for her wedding this week, so I haven't had much time for reading. I am on chapter 8 and am enjoying it so far.

I just finished the new Helen Fielding book, Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination. She is also the author of Bridget Jones' Diary and Cause Celeb, both of which I really liked. The tone is the same in this one, but I found myself unable to suspend disbelief enough to enjoy it. The heroine is a freelance fashion/travel journalist for a British newspaper and a fashion magazine who coolly gets involved with a terrorist plot post 911. At one point she actually sees bin laden after mistaking someone else for him. But she just wasn't a believable character to me. Not Ms. Fielding's best attempt, but still passable.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    I read the Devil Wears Prada, I thought it was good! It's not a true story but I thought I heard it is supposed to be based on the editor of Vogue. It was a really easy book to get through. It is along the lines of Bergdorf Blondes, although I liked Devil Wears Prada better.

I agree Devil Wears Prada is much better than Bergdorf Blondes. I thought Bergdorf was a bit irritating. Yeah, It is based on Anna Wintour the Editor of Vogue.

I love the shopaholic series, just because I adore the charecter Becky!

I also liked Jemima J. Forgot who wrote it.

Trading up is great! But before you get it get the book 4 Blondes by Candance Bushnell. It has a short story on the lead charecter of Trading Up (Janey Wilcox) and gives a little history. I thought Trading Up was a delicious read.

I just finished "Right Address". Another delicious read! I love reading stories about New York Society and the scandals and fashion that go on!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I have that sitting on my table.. waiting in the wings. I haven't read anything by Marian Keyes yet, so please report back.
    It is taking me a long time to read this book. Not that it's bad, I just have been busy lately. I have about 75 pages left and I am enjoying it very much. It's a little predictable, but worth reading.

FORT Newbie

hey anyone wanna get a chat together to talk about chitlit?

If anyone wants to get together for a chat, we can find a book and discuss it. Email me at southerndollie@aol.com if you are interested.

[QUOTE=Tallulahbaby] Trading up is great! But before you get it get the book 4 Blondes by Candance Bushnell. It has a short story on the lead charecter of Trading Up (Janey Wilcox) and gives a little history. I thought Trading Up was a delicious read. [QUOTE]

I am glad that you wrote a review for this book, I am always tempted to buy it. I read 4 Blondes and wanted to give this one a go.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 09-09-2004 at 10:16 AM.

Jennifer Crusie is my favorite for this genre. I've read, Welcome To Temptation, Tell Me Lies, Crazy For You, Fast Women, Faking It and Bet Me. I also enjoyed Lyndsay Sands vamp series ( Single White Vampire, Love Bites and Tall, Dark, and Hungry) and Kasey Michaels books. Lori Foster has a series out that started with the Winston Brothers that's great also.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeWitch
    Jennifer Crusie is my favorite for this genre. I've read, Welcome To Temptation, Tell Me Lies, Crazy For You, Fast Women, Faking It and Bet Me.
    She's great! her books are always a fun read.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Just checked out "Always the Bridesmaid" by Whitney Lyles at the library. I've been looking forward to reading it for a while and they just got it in.

+ Reply to Thread