+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Any chick lit type fans out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Love chick lit...Love Love Sophie Kinsella. I laugh out loud reading the Shopalolic series.
    She's a good author, I really liked Can You Keep A Secret but I've been finding the Shopaholic series a bit repetitive. How many times can the lead character make the same excessive shopping mistake? ...but I'll still read Shopaholic & Sister when it comes out in September.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    I just started reading In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner. I hope it is as good as Good In Bed.
    It is as good.

Mike Gayle's novels are considered by me to be chick lit too. I love to read a men's version of vulnerabilites. I enjoyed his "Mr Commitment" and "My Legendary Girlfriend".
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

OK, anybody going to read pam anderson's new book? I think it's called "Star" or something...

FORT Newbie
    In Her Shoes, IMO was just as good as Good in Bed. I'm reading Candace Bushnell's Trading Up.. SO far so good....I think I read Mr. Commitment.. Have any of you read Millenium Girl?
    Anyone up for a chat or anything, IM me

I am also a huge fan of chicklit!
    I have read all of Jane Green's books, I just love them. I am getting ready to read Can You Keep a Secret. I am curious how Trading Up by Candace Bushnell is. I always see it at the bookstore and I am tempted to buy it.
    I would also be interested in participating in a chicklit book club!

FORT Fogey
    Has anyone read The Devil Wears Prada ? My mother bought it and I want to know if it's worth reading.

Devil Wears Prada

I read the Devil Wears Prada, I thought it was good! It's not a true story but I thought I heard it is supposed to be based on the editor of Vogue. It was a really easy book to get through. It is along the lines of Bergdorf Blondes, although I liked Devil Wears Prada better.

I am just finishing reading Mr. Maybe and listening to the audiobook To Have and To Hold both by Jane Green. So far, so good on both of them.

I just bought a new one yesterday. It's called Sushi For Beginners by Marian Keyes.

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    I just bought a new one yesterday. It's called Sushi For Beginners by Marian Keyes.
    I have that sitting on my table.. waiting in the wings. I haven't read anything by Marian Keyes yet, so please report back.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread