+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Any chick lit type fans out there?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I just finished Bergdorf Blondes and loved it. I laughed out loud.

dvm... I'm waiting for that in paperback. Glad to hear that it's fun.

I just finished reading "A Body to Die For" by Kate White and enjoyed it. Quick read that I couldnt put down. Next up is "Devil Wears Prada", which I imagine is quite a bit like Bergdorf Blondes.. perhaps? After that comes "Weekend in Paris".

Jennifer Crusie, Carly Phillips' The Bachelor, The Playboy, and The Heartbreaker,

Love chick lit.. it's a great escape!

FORT Newbie
    I agree with you, I'm waiting on Bergendorf Blondes to come out on paperback or at the library. I just finished reading Farm Fatale by Wendy Holden. It was really good, I was shocked at to how I couldnt really get into at first, but after a while I was so drawn into that I wanted to finish it to see what happened. I have to say the ending was much better than I thought it was going to be. Next up is a toss up, I'll let you know once I start to read it

just finished Devil Wears Prada--made me feel much better about my job! Is entertaining!

I'm glad I found this thread, it gave me some ideas of what to read next!

Also recently read Bare Necessity, Nadia knows best & Seven Sunny Days. All light, entertaining, fun reads.

I loved The Devil Wears Prada. I like something light in between more serious works.

Olivia Goldsmith was a great author for fun reads. She wrote The First Wifes' Club - hilarious. She wrote several more in that vein; some more bitter, some funnier...I was shocked when she died. I think it was a reaction to surgery.*Sigh* I really looked forward to her books.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Newbie
    The Devil Wears Prada was pretty good. I think I read it in a day or two, it was one of those cant wait to see what happen next kinda books. Still working on deciding what to read next, I have started John Dufrensne's love warps the mind a little, dont know if its chick lit, but its pretty good so far.
    Hope to hear from y'all soon
    MARIA

FORT Fan
    IMO...Nicholas Sparks is the ultimate Chick writer.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Love chick lit...Love Love Sophie Kinsella. I laugh out loud reading the Shopalolic series.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Sophie Kinsella

I just finished Diary of a Mad Bride by Laura Wolf. It is a funny read. I'm sure you'll enjoy this chick lit. Made me laughed out loud a couple of times.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I just started reading In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner. I hope it is as good as Good In Bed.

+ Reply to Thread