+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Door Away from Heaven spoiler

One Door Away from Heaven spoiler

I started One Door Away from Heaven by Dean Koontz.

It's interesting that two main characters are children.

Of course, there is a reliable dog in the mix.

Hi Eldee, I hope you like this one; I did. Gotta love the Doggie!
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

I enjoyed "One Door Away From Heaven" quite a bit. I always like books where you can tell there is some fundamental point missing from the plot at the begining and then slowly the whole truth is revealed. I have just started "From the Corner of His Eye" and am about 25% through it. Very good so far.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

MHayes62, I also read From the Corner of His Eye. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I sure did.

At this point, I have no idea why the little boy is being chased and by whom? I also wonder how the characters will be connected. Maybe a cult or aliens is chasing the boy and one of their members is the little girl's (Leilanni?) stepfather.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    MHayes62, I also read From the Corner of His Eye. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I sure did.

At this point, I have no idea why the little boy is being chased and by whom? I also wonder how the characters will be connected. Maybe a cult or aliens is chasing the boy and one of their members is the little girl's (Leilanni?) stepfather.
    I totally didn't expect the ending. It was amazing, though. I'm dying to reveal the ending, but you have to read it to believe it.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Haejin, I'm still at the beginning but, now I can't wait to read more tonight!

Okay, I'm up to the part where the FBI is after the guys after the boy. I haven't read why they are chasing him and killing those in their path. I first wondered if he is an ET himself or if he knows a lot of secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Haejin, I'm still at the beginning but, now I can't wait to read more tonight!
    Oh, I see. Well, it starts to piece together somewhere around the middle, I believe.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    Oh, I see. Well, it starts to piece together somewhere around the middle, I believe.
    Yes, you are right. I enjoyed that book very much and would recommend it. If they were to make a movie about it, I wonder what the aliens would look like.

+ Reply to Thread