+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd Thomas Spoilers

Odd Thomas Spoilers

I only read the first chapter and right away I thought of another movie where the protagonist could see dead people who wants his help. However, this book seems to be a very good read from the first chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I only read the first chapter and right away I thought of another movie where the protagonist could see dead people who wants his help. However, this book seems to be a very good read from the first chapter.

I really enjoyed this book. One of my favorites.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

When I think of a visual for those creatures, I think of the dark shadows in the movie Ghost.

When I think of a visual for those creatures, I think of the dark shadows in the movie Ghost.
    I did too, Eldee. It was the way Koontz described them.

I'm just past half way. The fungus man is dead so, I'm not sure who the bad guy is.

I would guess that maybe one of the murderers from the posters, ie Charles Manson, ghost took a physical form or came back as a ghost with extra powers.

The ending is so sad. I was very surprised that Stormy was dead and that Odd was seeing her ghost. I'm glad that in the end he did let her go. It also reminded me of the book Cujo where the mother thought that her son was alive, because she needed that, when he was actually dead.

I also wandered about any guilt feelings Odd would have had. He wanted to tell Stormy to leave but, decided not to because he might have put her in harms way and he was trusting fate that they would stay together. It was very sad that he lost his love at such a young age.

What I liked about previous Koontz books was the happiness and hope at the endings. I don't recall a sad ending in the other books I've read so far.

I remember one of the Koontz books I read had a child die - this was about a third of the way through the book, and I put it down because it was sad. I HATE it when they kill off the children.

You're right, this was kind of a new direction for him to take. That's one of the reasons that I liked the book - it wasn't formulaic. I think we'll be seeing more from Odd in the future. And it was a real shocker that she died. I totally didn't see that coming at all!

If there was another book about Odd, I would read it.

We know that his has powers but, I don't think that "time warp" was explained well or served any great importance in telling the story.

Dinahann, did you get more out of that "time warp/travel" scene in Fungus man's room?

If there was another book about Odd, I would read it.

We know that his has powers but, I don't think that "time warp" was explained well or served any great importance in telling the story.

Dinahann, did you get more out of that "time warp/travel" scene in Fungus man's room?
    Eldee, I see your message. I'm at work now, so I'm going to think about it and respond in a bit.

I was also wondering what he kept either using sir or madam when he knew the people.

Maybe he was trying to behave in ideal behavior because his family didn't or he wanted to make his life even that much more simplier. I just don't know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast