+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd Thomas Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    The ending is so sad. I was very surprised that Stormy was dead and that Odd was seeing her ghost.
    I spent so much time trying to figure out the Stormy twist that when she lived and they were actually going to be happy together, it totally threw me off the trail of the actual twist! Good job, Koontz!
    Dinahann, did you get more out of that "time warp/travel" scene in Fungus man's room?
    I didn't get anything out of that other than a waste of great material!

If there was another book about Odd, I would read it.

We know that his has powers but, I don't think that "time warp" was explained well or served any great importance in telling the story.

Dinahann, did you get more out of that "time warp/travel" scene in Fungus man's room?
    Eldee, I looked for my copy of Odd Thomas all week end and I can't find it! I was going to go back and re-read the passages you're asking about, to see what I thought. Without looking at the book again I can't think of anything right off hand.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne
    .....I didn't get anything out of that other than a waste of great material!

Hopefully, Koontz can use Odd Thomas in another novel. The first book ended without telling us much about his future. That time warp would be used to pursue, get stuck in, or escape from something.

Dinahann, that scene was towards the beginning when he followed Fungus man and found out where he lived.

I thought that DK was going to use that time warp thing to save Stormy -- who I suspected was in danger due to that whole Elvis feeling sorry for Odd thing. Especially Stormy's reaction to that. (like in Seize the night and in lightning). Nevertheless, at the end, when Stormy appeared at the hospital and until the twist, I didn't guess that he was really communing with her ghost.

But, the time warp thing ultimately seemed to serve no purpose at all. DK needs a better editor. I find that I scan through to skip or just peruse the non-consequential stuff, especially in his later works.

I liked the book, though

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    But, the time warp thing ultimately seemed to serve no purpose at all. DK needs a better editor. .........

I liked the book, though
    It could have been used so well or even make way for a new story line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12