+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any David Sedaris Fans?

Any David Sedaris Fans?

I got turned onto David Sedaris "Barrel Fever" from a co-worker who summarized a story from the book. I liked what I heard and wanted know MORE. His audio books which is even wilder illustrates David's World that REALLY puts a smile on your face. I quickly sought out every work he has put out. I can't choose which one is my personal favorite because they are all good. Now David has a NEW Book that came out recently. Has anyone gotten it yet? Yay? Nay?

I frickin' ADORE David Sedaris. I've seen him read live several times, and have all his books...with the exception of the new one! I would love to run out and buy it, but right now I unfortunately have had to put a halt on my spending. It's like the worst time to have put a moratorium on my compulsive shopping habit, because with a new Sedaris book out and a new collection of short stories by David Foster Wallace, I'm afraid I'm gonna cave.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I love David Sedaris, too. But I've never even heard him on NPR; I just picked up
    "Me Talk Pretty One Day" at the bookstore one day. I cried I was laughing so hard at some of the stories.
    As for the new one, I haven't looked for it yet.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I'm in the middle of listening to the set of all his books on CD. He's coming here next month, but it's $30 so I don't know if I'll go.

Love David Sedaris!

I'm with you all---I really enjoy David Sedaris. And his sister Amy.

I recommend listening to "This American Life" on NPR, or better yet, visit their website at thislife.com Great archives.

SFG-you can't even lift the moratorium for a book?? That's a tight budget!
    will you marry me?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Aw shucks, MrDob, if I weren't already married, I would marry you just because you love This American Life too. I live for that show. In fact, one of the times I saw David perform was a show on the special TAL birthday tour, with Ira Glass (natch), David Rakoff and Sarah Vowell. It was superb!!!

ATTN MOLLYROSE: He is worth the $30 and more. Even if you've listened to him perform on the radio or audiobooks, he is still a treat to see live. It's worth it for the Billie Holiday impression alone.

Side note: I cannot lift the moratorium for now (doesn't stop me from hinting to all my friends and family that the new Sedaris & Wallace books would make great gifts, nudge nudge ). Just trust me here, I really really really need to get my shopaholicism in check (we're trying to save for down payment on a house).

Please keep me away from the evil of One Click Buying on Amazon!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I read 'Me talk pretty one day' and I loved it! I love his wry humour.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Add me to the list! I've read "Me Talk Pretty One Day" and "Naked". He is a great storyteller I might have to check out the new book...
    Molly, I would definitely check him out in person if you have the chance - I bet it would be a great show.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Your David Sedaris fix need not cost $30. I've downloaded his books onto CDs from audible.com for far less but, then, I have a year's subscription. It may work for you.

My husband and daughter are listening to his current "Dress your family..." and are urging me to listen to it too. Its next on my list and I'm sure will be a great accompaniment to my elliptical trainer.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    David Sedaris is an incredible storyteller. I've read everything by him I could get my hands on, but "The Santaland Diaries" is definitely my favorite story, although I also love anything about The Rooster.

MrDob and SFG- I hear you on the This American Life addiction. Thank God for thislife.com because missing a show throws off my whole week!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast