+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any David Sedaris Fans?

Just thought I would tell everybody that recommended David Sedaris that I am almost finished with "Me Talk Pretty One Day" and I love it! There was one place in there where he talked about how his cat died and he had it cremated and then he dumped the ashes on the carpet and vacuumed the cat, er, ashes up. I literally exploded laughing my head off...this guy is good! Thanks for recommending him!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Huzzah! Another one converted!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

David Sedaris, and his talented sister Amy, are both comedic genuises! I've loved David Sedaris from This American Life - his voice is somewhat feminine, very distinctive. And of course Naked, Holidays on Ice and Me Talk...
    My favorite stories are from his time in France. And the SantaLand story.

Amy is freaking hilarious. Every once in a while she shows up in a small role on some random show (Sex and the City, David Letterman (her imaginary boyfriend rocks)) and I just keep thinking "why oh why does not some smart television executive give this woman her own show?!!"

Need to get Dress Your Familyone of these days!

Add me to the list of the converted!

She had Strangers with Candy on the Comedy Network, Teeny. I am not sure it's still running.

I love David's take on nouvelle cuisine
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I like his take on things...he shows the absolute absurdity of a lot of situations. Has his sister Amy got anything in print?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG
    I like his take on things...he shows the absolute absurdity of a lot of situations. Has his sister Amy got anything in print?

Amy Sedaris has a few things in print- she and David wrote a play together called The Book Of Liz , and she also wrote a book with Stephen Colbert and Paul Dinello titled Wigfield: The Can Do Town That Just May Not . It's freaking hilarious and the pictures are just incredible.

I am FINALLY on David's latest release!
    Theres a few thats kinda ho-hum but thee signature Sedaris tales are a definate treat!

I wasn't a fan of "Dress Your Family..." Maybe I just want cheap laughs, but it was too dark and gave me kind of the foil-on-fillings feeling. Everything else, though... man. I first heard of David Sedaris on This American Life. My mom and I can make each other howl with laughter jut by saying "Jerome was a difficult Santa - Moody and unpredictable".

FORT Fogey
    I saw this and immediately was about to reccomend Holidays on Ice (apologies to the bookstore employee who searched in vain for 30 minutes for Christmas on the Rocks because I was too lazy or stupid to check for myself) which nearly made me wet myself on a few occasions.

LOOK AT JOCELYN. JOCELYN VACUUMS THE CARPET. LA LA LA. IT IS MUCH FUN TO VACUUM. IT IS AN ENJOYMENT AND A PLEASURE TO CLEAN MY HOME WITH A VACUUM. LA LA LA!!

As usual, somebody beat me to the punch though - but I figured I would comment anyways!

I just finished Me Talk Pretty One Day and I don't think I've ever read a book that made me laugh so much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast