+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twilight Eyes Spoiler Thread

Twilight Eyes Spoiler Thread

I have two theories.

Rya was raped by a brutal man and can not have children. At first I thought that a miracle would happen and they would have a baby. After reading about how both of them seem to be having the same dream, I'm wondering if she was raped by a goblin. and has part goblin in her. That is why it was made that she will not be able to give birth to another goblin and why Slim is chasing someone that he loves in his dreams.

Re: Ferris wheel.

It seems that the ferris wheel was more of a physical display of her suicide intentions when she insisted they go up on it and stay during part of the rain and lightning, but maybe that was a clue to what will later happen. Now, I'm thinking that maybe when the goblins come to the carnival that they, with their free passes, will go on the ferris wheel prior to any planned disasters and the wheel will get struck by lightning and many goblins will die instead if their intended victims.

I could be wrong on both accounts but, it's just a thought.

I hope that he doesn't have any goblin in him. In the movie Blade, the character fought vampires but, he was half human and half vampire.

Well, it seems that I was wrong about that theory.

I was surprised that Rya did betray Slim, even for a moment. There might be betrayals in other books but, I don't recall when two friends/allies ever betrayed the other one before.

Where exactly are you in the book right now? Even though I read it 3 times in the past 15 years, there are spots that are blank---gettin old I guess---and I don't remember Rya betraying him.

CableJockey,

I'm just past 2/3 in. I was referring to the part after Slim help to kill 6 goblins and he went to Rya's trailer. She was like an informant to the goblins re: who could see them. The head goblin was there and she let it be known that Slim was able to see the goblins. Also, when he chased her, she stabbed him. Maybe that second part was from her fear of him killing her in their shared dream.

Now, I'm up to the part when they returned to PA and know that the coalmine has something to do with tragedy. It keeps getting more interesting with each page.

What are your thoughts re: how Koontz feel about God. He mentions God a few times in this writing.

Wow, can't beleive I forgot that scene where Rya has been feeding info to the goblin police! Sometimes I wish we all had twilight eyes to some degree--imagine being able to tell if someone is good or bad by looking at them.
    I never thought about DK's take on God. Once I'm into the story I dont think too much about anything else. i do notice that all his books have quotes from The Book of Sorrows, which at first I thought was related to Cathlecism, but now I'm thinking he made up this book.
    Koontz always seem to stress that good will overwhelm evil on some level that we are not always aware of--I like that. A lot of his characters suffer so much at the hands of others---maybe it stems from his childhood with an abusive father.

You're right about how good will overwhelm evil (IMO as it should). In this book he blames God for the bad things that happens but, on the other hand, he seems to understands why God allows certain things. I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Since there are guys like Slim out there fighting evil with a special talent for seeing evil, I think God has things all taken care of.
    The description of the town where the goblins are in control, all grey stone buildings, dark and depressive, remind me of certain towns I've traveled thru over time. They would have that same feel and look, it makes you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey
    Since there are guys like Slim out there fighting evil with a special talent for seeing evil, I think God has things all taken care of.
    I agree. Sometimes he seems to be both supportive and complaintant re: God in his novels. I guess many feel that way in real life.

Well, I finished Twilight Eyes and I wasn't disappointed.

They did kill a majority of the goblins in that town and also destroyed the goblins equipment for when they took over. However, not all of the goblins are dead. Is there a book that talks about those goblins again?

You know, I KNOW I've read this book but I don't remember enough about it to make any comments, except to say I'm going back to re-read it now because you've made me want to!
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast