+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: James Patterson novels

Re: James Patterson novels

I read "Sail" and "8th Confession" last week. "Sail" was better than his last few books written with ghostwriters, and "8th Confession" was not bad. It is obvious he is not giving his best effort any longer, but these were pretty good.

I just read Cross Country after vowing not to read anymore James Patterson. I should have stuck to my guns. His books are just not the same anymore.

Was it just written by Patterson or was there another author's name on it too? I've found that those are basically written by the other author. I think Patterson just dictates the plot. It's kind of the same thing Clancy does, only he doesn't give the other writer credit!

I stopped reading Patterson because I think he's just done. He's gotten lazy and isn't up to the level he was before and just keeps churning out crap and raking in the money for them. I just don't want to reward that behavior. I mean, none of his books could be called great literature but, if you're writing cheesy thrillers, at least do a good job of it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have pretty much sworn off his books for the same reasons others have mentioned, although I did buy 9th Judgement (co-author is Maxine Paetro). It is the latest in the Women's Murder Club series. I'm only about half-way through as I haven't had much reading time lately, but it is okay so far. Not nearly as good as his earlier works, but also not as bad as some of his most recent works. I will post again when I'm through - it shouldn't be long, as it is a pretty short book.

I was sure there was another author's name on the book, but I've been googling it and can't seem to see another name referenced. Like you say, he doesn't give the other writer credit. I left the book at the condo I stayed at in Florida last week, so I can't physically check it. I agree, all the books with another author are not nearly as good as his earlier work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456