+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: James Patterson novels

Re: James Patterson novels

Just finished The 6th Target. Not one of the best. Good, but I was not too interested in the trial parts of the books. We also found out all of the killers too soon. There was not enough of the thrill trying to track down the killers within a time period. I didn't feel the urgency that usually permeates through his books.

I just finished Quickie - Excellent book.

I will have to agree - Quickie was a very good book, although not at all what I expected. A bit different than his normal writing.

You've Been Warned hits shelves today! Very much looking forward to it - anyone else?

Has anyone here read Four Blind Mice? I'm about to read it & was wondering what other fans thought first? I know it's a few years old, but I never read it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2565796;
    Has anyone here read Four Blind Mice? I'm about to read it & was wondering what other fans thought first? I know it's a few years old, but I never read it.

It has been quite a while since I read this one, but it was very "on the edge of your seat" Really enjoyed it. I believe I had a hard time putting it down, and read it in like two sittings! It had the obvious mystery, but also delved into the personal aspects of the characters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2565796;
    Good book. Those earlier books are much better than what he comes out with now.

He just churns them out so fast now that I think some of his earlier talent is missing.

Not that today's books are horrible. I still read them, but I do miss the early days of his writing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2566418;
    It has been quite a while since I read this one, but it was very "on the edge of your seat" Really enjoyed it. I believe I had a hard time putting it down, and read it in like two sittings! It had the obvious mystery, but also delved into the personal aspects of the characters.
    Good book. Those earlier books are much better than what he comes out with now.

He just churns them out so fast now that I think some of his earlier talent is missing.

Not that today's books are horrible. I still read them, but I do miss the early days of his writing.

Cool. Thanks for the input!

I didn't really care for the Roses are Red/Violets are Blue duo. But I've loved everything else of his that I've read.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2566570;
    Cool. Thanks for the input!

I didn't really care for the Roses are Red/Violets are Blue duo. But I've loved everything else of his that I've read.
    I didn't care much for The Lake House and The Beach House. Very different, but I love the Alex Cross novels. I think I'm in love with his friend John Sampson!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2566586;
    I didn't care much for The Lake House and The Beach House. Very different, but I love the Alex Cross novels. I think I'm in love with his friend John Sampson!
    Although I did not read The Lake House - I absolutely did not enjoy The Beach House. It was the worst (in my opinion) of his work to date, and I would have asked for a refund if it were possible

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast