+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: James Patterson novels

I read Along Came a Spider years ago (YEARS lol) then I grabbed Kiss the Girls one day... awesome book, so I had to go back and read Along Came A Spider again to refresh myself.. I have read the entire Alex Cross series since. However, I think the last couple have just been forced out.. they are good but too much jumping around in them lately, I dunno - can't really explain it, other than the characters aren't really evolving enough or to a degree that I would enjoy. Now his Women's Murder Club series is also very good.. but you have to be into these type of books to enjoy his stuff for sure.
    As far as the book not being repetitive, no not really, but they have been getting predictable. I used to read Danielle Steele, years ago, but gave up because her books all followed the same format and it was tiring to read and that is how I feel about this latest Alex Cross novel, Mary Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by budsvtec View Post
    I have read everyone of Jp's books. My favorite is Jester. It is totally different from his normal type of writing, but it is such a great book and you will really get into it.
    Check it out
    Interesting - I didn't like that one at all. I love the Alex Cross and 1st to Die series.

I have read almost all of James Patterson's books and I love them all! Especially the fact that the chapters are so short. My ADD can barely handle more than 4 pages at a time, so that works nicely. I really liked that Jester too, although it was a lot different from the usual stuff.

Jen,Lisa,Chan,Vic,Hthr JoeSchmoe's Avatar
    I love JP books. The Alex cross ones are the best IMO.

Anyone buy Cross yet? I haven't made it to the bookstore, but I plan on hiding away this weekend to read it!

FORT Newbie
    I just finished Cross! So good. I have read all of James Patterson books and this is a really good one. Now I just have to wait until February when Stop on a Crack comes out.

I just finished Cross today and I am so frustrated with the ending. Are we to believe the Butcher or not?! And what is with that phone call at the end? Is that a whole new story or a continuation of Cross? They gave us no excerpt from Step on a Crack! GRRRR

Loved both the Maximum Ride books. Only stuff of his that I have listened to via audio books.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Just finished Step on a Crack this week. Very heavy reading. Even more than his regular books. Former First Lady is murdered at the beginning and then terrorists take over the funeral in NYC. The side story is the main character's wife is dying of Uterine Cancer (!-my dear friend died of this on valentine's day) so be prepared to bawl your eyes out.

I have Honeymoon and Mary Mary, but haven't read them yet. I also saw Along comes a Spider and Kiss the Girls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast