+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: James Patterson novels

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Doesn't he mainly write mysteries? Was this an anomaly?
    A lot of his books are mysteries, but "The Lake House" was a sequel to the book "When The Wind Blows", which was more of a fantasy/suspence.

Some of them need to be read in order, and if you'll check his website, http://www.twbookmark.com/features/j...son/index.html, there's a handy reference that shows in what order to read them.

I've read quite a few of his books, and my favorites so far are the women's murder club mysteries, "1st To Die", "2nd Chance", and "3rd Degree". I also liked "Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas", which is a love story. I had my doubts about whether he could pull it off, but I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the info.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I've read the "1st" and "2nd" books, and I swear I bought the "3rd" one, but I can't find it anywhere in my apartment!! Those damn knomes must be back...
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Thanks for the info.
    No problem! I bought "Roses are Red" on a whim. It was the first book I had read by him. Then I was hooked, so I started to buy paperbacks of the others- not knowing that they were to be read in a certain order. I was a little lost, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Those damn knomes must be back...
    Wenders, I have the same problem with things disappearing in my house. Currently I'm searching for three dvd's that seem to have mysteriously disappeared!! Now I know what must be happening to them!

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    No problem! I bought "Roses are Red" on a whim. It was the first book I had read by him. Then I was hooked, so I started to buy paperbacks of the others- not knowing that they were to be read in a certain order. I was a little lost, too!

Wenders, I have the same problem with things disappearing in my house. Currently I'm searching for three dvd's that seem to have mysteriously disappeared!! Now I know what must be happening to them!
    O.k. this is the real thanks because I actually finally got to go to the darn website and look at it! The Alex Cross series sounds like a good read, and the Womens' Murder Club books look good, too. I think I'll go with the Alex Cross series first, though. There's something about a widowed man with children that makes me want to feed them. (or read about them).
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I've only read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, and that book drove me to tears... I look forward to reading more of his books...
    Let's give them something to talk about

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar

I've started to read that. I'll see if I shed any tears. I probably will.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Haha, I didn't need no stinkin timeline. I figured it out all on my own!

Roses are Red

then

Violets are Blue

I'm so smart, they should give me a prize.

[/sarcasm]

ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Okay I've done a couple of his books on unabridged audio but I forget which ones.

I read When the Wind Blows - and am the only person I know who actually liked the book.

I've read all 3 books in the "Women's Murder Club" series (ala 1st to Die, 2nd Whatever, 3rd Degree) and love it - although I think the female characters are a bit wooden at times.

love the womens mystery club! love them! I havent been able to get into the rest of JP's stuff, but I read all 3 of those books and they might be my favorite series.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast