+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wanted: light humourous book for the summer

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner is entertaining. Not as serious as you think initially.
    And I agree with you about the girl in the Confessions of a Shopaholic. Exact opposite? Well, not really.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey
    If somebody hasnt already mentioned it - Jenny McCarthy has a hilarious book out right now about being pregnant. Very light reading and VERY funny! Its called, appropriately "Belly Laughs".

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    And I agree with you about the girl in the Confessions of a Shopaholic. Exact opposite? Well, not really.
    Oh I shop as much as anyone else! But I'm so careful about managing my finances and my credit card.

Thanks Daddio, I don't think it has been mentioned yet.
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pyr
    Tourist Season by Carl Hiassen is one of my all time faves. All of his stuff
    is wonderfull. Tom
    Just popped in to mention Hiassen. All his stuff is good - almost laugh out loud funny (which is saying something for a book)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Thanks Markslove, I'd look out for the author. I'd like to read up some of his books too.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Dead Famous by Ben Elton is a great book, especially for fans of reality TV. It's a murder mystery set in a reality TV show. Written by Ben Elton who co wrote Blackadder for TV. Read it on a French beach a couple of years ago and had to stifle my laughs as everyone was looking at me.

Not sure if it's available in the US though.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    How about Janet Evanovich's books? They're hilarious!! They're mysteries a la Sue Grafton's Kinsey Milhone series, but WAAAAAYYYYY funnier. When I read the scene with Grandma shooting the dinner turkey, I laughed for days! They're numbered, so if you're going to read them, start with One for the Money.

Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    How about Janet Evanovich's books? They're hilarious!! They're mysteries a la Sue Grafton's Kinsey Milhone series, but WAAAAAYYYYY funnier. When I read the scene with Grandma shooting the dinner turkey, I laughed for days! They're numbered, so if you're going to read them, start with One for the Money.

Tiger
    I love those books, Tigergirl. The tenth one just came out. I've got it ordered from my book club. I can't wait!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234