+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga and other things that won't get you laid

Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga and other things that won't get you laid

I admit it, I love comics. I know I'm not the only one here. Heck, even Michael Chabon loves comics. If he can fess up to it, why not you?

Speak to me of Alan Moore, of Frank Miller, of Neil Gaiman, of Grant Morrison, of Rumiko Takahashi, of Junji Ito, of Junko Mizuno, of Lynda Barry, of Robert Crumb, of Harvey Pekar, or Art Speigelman...Or how about X Men? Dark Knight? Elektra:Assassin (and I mean, Bill Sienkiewicz's Elektra, not--as much as I love her in Alias--Jennifer Garner's horribly miscast portrayal of her)?

You know, I have a feeling that this may be one of those threads I post in here that doesn't get a single reply (that is, unless Phat32 shows up and gets my back), but if it is, then so be it. At least I tried. *throws hands up in air, before wandering off into dusty aisles of local comic book store*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

ah hah!!! will I do sweetie I used to read Iron Man, Spiderman(all the different titles) went to the comic cons in Orlando, Florida. Now a days I get my comics fix by watching adult swim on cartoon network, Most of the shows there are from magna's in Japan.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Ili, you posted!!!

If we were in the same city, I'd have loved to go to the comic cons with you. I'm originally from San Diego, where they have a great one every year.

I haven't watched Adult Swim, but is it true they show Cowboy Bebop? Very cool, might have to swing for cable.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I love David Mack's "Kabuki," series. He's wonderfully talented. My sister met him last year at Comic-Con in San Diego, and he autographed a couple of comics for me! I thought that was so cool since I couldn't make it.
    Ludicrous speed!

I understand the San Diego Comic con is THE con to go to. And yes they show Bebop on adult swim, seen all 26 episodes twice now. Just finished Witch Hunter Robin. And Trigun, which I use for my avatar sometimes. And of course Lupin 3rd. Love the full legth movies, in fact I have about five of the full length movies of Lupin and got the Bebop movie on DVD. Oh and somewhere around here I have an original scetch of Iron Man that Pat Broderick did for me. He used to draw it before the storyline got sucky with him(Iron Man) becoming a drunk and all.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Wow, that's cool, Charstar. I haven't read any of Kabuki yet, but it looks hella cool. Some of the artwork looks really amazing. Do you collect the single issues or TPB? Can you recommend which of them to start with, because I've heard that not all of them are great introductions to the series.

ETA: Yes, Ili, I'm proud of my little hometown comic con. It's probably what made me a huge fan in the first place.

SFG-

I'm not a comic reader, but I had to tell you that your post title is hilarious. Thanks for the giggle!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Awww, thanks Speedbump. I know, I'm a complete dork.

I'm just so excited to have anyone post in here!

ETA: Has anyone else read The Preacher series? That's the last whole series I completed. It was so excellent, and I heard they have a movie adaptation in development (though this could be both good or bad news).
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 04-27-2004 at 02:45 AM.

**Snowflake, READ READ READ Kabuki! I've collected Kabuki since it first came out when I was in high school (I'm 25 now). I've been collecting single issues. To start off with I'd recommend Circle of Blood, then Skin Deep/Metamorphosis. Also Mr. Mack is giving each Noh agent they're own little story, so you'll have to read Masks of the Noh, and get into the Scarab series. The Noh agent stories and Scarab issues interlink with Skin Deep, so you get the whole shebang. I totally recommend you read Kabuki. Trust me and read them! After all this reading then start on his new Kabuki series Kabuki: Alchemy.
    Ludicrous speed!

Super-cool, Charstar, thanks for the info. With such a passionate recommendation, how can I not read this now? As a matter of fact, I've just ordered it from Amazon...

ONE CLICK ORDERING is EEEVIL!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast