+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga and other things that won't get you laid

While I was at my friend's place the other week, I perused a few issues of Marvel Civil War (Issues 1-10). I didn't have much time for reading (I didn't want be rude, we hadn't seen each other for a long time, so we had a lot of catching up to do ), but I found the storyline intriguing, and the artwork was gorgeous!

Looking at that, and reading this thread, has definitely renewed my interest in the X-Men title, which I haven't read in ages. I heard Grant Morrison did a run on X-Men, and I am a huge fan of his from The Invisibles so I would love to take a look at those. Can anyone recommend with which of these I should begin?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Hey Snowflake Girl,

I believe he started his run with New X-Men #1 before it became New X-Men Academy X. The first trade with his story arc is New X-Men E is for Extinction and to plug my shop you can find it Here!

The New Doctor Strange The Oath book is pretty good. I also recommend Ed Brubaker's book Criminal which came out last week.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Why have I not discovered this thread befor! My goal after I graduate from art school is to one day to art and covers for comics. I currently am workin on a pet project that has been in the works for several years no, so who knows when it shall ever happen lol.

I am sad that I missed the local comicon last year. I so want to go to it this year because one of my favorite artists, Frank Cho, is going to be there.

I went to the con two years ago (the Emerald City Comicon), and got to show my stuff to some people. An artists who did art for Robin and inks Deathpool liked my stuff and wanted to talk to me more, but never responded to my emals. . But i did show my work to other people and they gave good responses. The artist of the Mary Jane comic really liked my drawings. I want to go this year, especially becuase my drawing has improved in leap and bounds since then lol.

As is it, there are 4 regular comics that i MUST read, and they are all X titles. Astonishing X-men, New X-Men: Academy X, Uncanny X-Men, and X-Men. If I had a closer comic book shop, I'd pick up She-hulk and Runaways.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

To all the Fanboys and Fangirls out there. Sad news in the world of comics, the great comic book artist Dave Cockrum died from complications of diabetes on November 26, 2006. Cockrum created the characters of Nightcrawler, Collosus, and Storm for the X-Men comics.

Great characters from a great man, comics will miss him.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Dave Cockrum was an underated talent in comics. It's such a shame that Marvel treated him so poorly. He breathed life into the Legion of Super Heroes (essentially making it what it is today), as well as the X-Men. It's a shame that he was never able to recapture the magic touch that he had in the 70's early 80's. Dave, you will be missed.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 12-04-2006 at 12:15 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I noticed last few weeks that Marvel Comics has been running a tribute to Dave Cockrum in thier comics. It is a full page devoted to his memory. I was glad to see it.

I just started reading Marvel Zombies, I don't nomally read any of the Marvel Superhero Comics (I just started reading comics about 6 months ago), but I LOVE this one. I was so disapionted when the train got to my stop...now I can't wait for the train ride home.

I am so broke right now and I have to walk past the comic store on my way home, on a Wednsday no less, and I can't even go inside becasue I will spend all my lunch money for the week. Guess I'll have to get twice as many next week.

Marvel and Dynamite comics are doing a Marvel Zombies Army of Darkness crossover. I think it is four or six issues. I read the first issue, it takes place before Marvel Zombies.

Anyone care that Marvel killed off Captain America?

Is anyone reading Anita Blake Vampire Hunter or Dark Tower? Books being turned into comics seems to be big right now.

How about Season 8 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer coming out in comic books? It has generated a lot of excitement in our store. People have really been jonesing for Buffy and the brillance of Joss.

DC is going to do a weekly comic following the conclusion of 52. The new comic Countdown is going to tie storylines into the regular comics of DC.

Civil War
    Death of Captain America
    Batwoman being a lesbian
    Dark Tower
    Buffy
    Anita Blake

All these events brought new people into our store. Have any of you heard about them from mass media?

well, since I have a subscription to Wizard magazine, i have heard about all but one of those And the local news had a small blurb, as did the local paper, about the Batwoman thing.

+ Reply to Thread