+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga and other things that won't get you laid

Hey no problem Any time you have questions like that I will be glad to answer!

SnowflakeGirl, I was a huge fan of Gothem Central, now out in trades. He co-wrote it with Ed Brubaker, it is the cops in Gothem City in the shadow of Batman. Basically how everyday cops dealt with the freaks in GC. Great stories. Renee Montoya is one of my favorite characters. She is in 52 right now and it is a great book as well. Four writers, one of whom is Rucka.

Rucka's run on Wonder Woman brought her back to life and made her a Amazon Princess and not the wuss she was being written as the last few years. WW kicked all kinds of ass and was diplomatic about it!

I think one of his early books is called Whiteout. I liked that a lot.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Another question, for anyone lol

assuming that the Astonishing X-Men are gonna be the main group with Warsong as they did with Endsong...how is that possible? lol

I always thought that Astonishing/New/Uncanny X-men were all occuring silmultaneously in the same "marvel universe", I could be wrong, but thats what i understood. So if Warsong is coming out...how is it that the astonishing group is dealing with that but also being in a different story arc in the same time...? Does that mean Astonishing / New / Uncanny are all centering in its own universe? Im just confused lol

Continuity is only as good as the communication between writers. Look at how many books Wolverine has been in at the same time.

I think the rule of thumb for mini-series is that they occur roughly around the same time as the main series, meaning that Warsong will be considered either shortly before or after the current storyark for the characters it features.

I doubt Wolverine will be running around as a brain damaged coward that he currently is.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

oh i see, that makes sense.

but speaking of wolverine's current state of mind in Astonishing, Im anxious to see how it all turns out...especially with the White Queen.

Hey KP, sorry I was away at a Comic Retailer's Convention!

Yeah, I want see what's happening with Astonishing myself. Should be interesting.

Some news from the convention, Joss Wheden will be taking over Runaways after the Civil War is over. Anita Blake Vampire Hunter is moving to Marvel. All of the Dabel Bros. books will be moving to Marvel. They are pretty excited about it.

There will be some cool Star Wars Mini Series next year. LOL, I am too tired to remember the name, it is based on a Yoda saying about the Dark Side of the Force. I'll look at my notes and add more tomorrow. Tired.....................zzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

straight guy, not a girl i love kahlen's Avatar
    Thank goodness I'm not the only person who likes New/Astonishing/Uncanny X-men comics!!
    missing Sara

lol, i love reading comics now...i was more of a manga fan, but after watching the xmen movie, my ex bf just got me into it...and i love it! its so fun to read!

Is it just me or was anyone else confused in the lastest Uncanny? They were stranded in space with the thingy being destroyed by Vulcan, how did they get to their current destination? i guess im just over analyzing...they probably made it there when they had the Vulcan recap issue or something to that sort...bleh

i keep thinking why Cassandra Nova seems so bleh in Astonishing, she was crajeeee in the "the end" series. i also wonder about how the uncanny team will handle the warskrulls and the shiar...since both of those are some of the main enemies in the The End series...

well hope you enjoyed yourself at the convention!

The X-Men and the Shiar have a long history together. Sometimes civil, sometimes not. Remember that the End series is way down the road. It hasn't happened yet. We might see the seeds of Cassandra poising the Shiar in this series. I can see that happening. We will get to see more of what set up The End.

I thought about that too after reading the new Astonishing today. Lots of reference to the Shiar...not to mention Cassandra Nova's cocoon...thing? lol

My only disappointment is that Scott (???) didnt shoot up the other Emma as well.

Hey Comic Fans, what books did you pick up this week? What was at the top of your reading pile?

I picked up DC's 52 Week 20, CSI Dying in the Gutters #2, Secret Six #4 and Justice League of America #2. I also read Daredevil last night. Brubaker is doing a great run on that book.

Justice League of America was on the top of my pile, followed closely be CSI Dying in the Gutters. It is set at a comic convention in Vegas. A very unpopular online gossip columnist is killed and many creators and comic industry vets are suspects in his murder. It's fun seeing writers and artists I have followed portrayed as characters in a comic!

And are any of you Laurel K. Hamilton fans? Her Anita Blake Vampire Hunter is being turned into a comic and it is scorching hot! It will be coming out just before Halloween. We have pre-sold more of this comic than our top two other comics combined!

+ Reply to Thread