+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga and other things that won't get you laid

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread already but has anyone here read the manga "Princess Ai"?

My friend (who's an anime/manga fanatic) lent me the "Princess Ai" series and, well, I got pretty hooked on them. I just finished the series a few minutes ago and I really enjoyed it.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

I don't read comics or graphic novels.

I do, however, have a growing addiction to the anime and manga Keroro Gunso. It's about an frog-like alien who lands in a Japanese household with the intent of invading Earth, but he's adopted by the family as a housekeeper and is often too distracted with his hobbies to create a plan to invade Earth. It's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone one here has read any of Jessica Abel's work? I got her new graphic novel La Perdida today.

It has been getting great reviews.
    I don't read much by way of graphic novels or comics (except Hate - love Hate), but I read this, read some reviews and got it for Mr. Rattus. He lllllooovvvvved it and wants to read more, and he really is quite the Mr. Fussypants. Thanks. I'm always happy when I can make his day a little better.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I don't know if his work gets much mention in this thread but I just have to profess my love for the comics of Jhonen Vasquez.

I have only read the "Squee" series but I still have yet to read his most well-known comic "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac". I can certainly say that it's different from anything I've ever read and the humor ranges from morbid to absurd to gross but nonetheless I've really enjoyed it. I'm still dying (no pun intended) to check out JTHM because I've heard that it's supposed to be amazing.

Yeah, I just needed to gush.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Quote Originally Posted by charstar813 View Post
    Hey Snowy! My sister has pictures of Mr. Mack, he is definitely a hottie! I hope you like COB, but I can't wait until you read Skin Deep. It's my favorite.

Skin Deep is my favorite as well. But I have to admit I haven't read all of them yet. But Skin Deep was just a great psychological study. David Mack is a total sweetheart.

Since I co-own a comic shop, yeah, I am into comics

My favorites are anything by Greg Rucka, his Wonder Woman series was my favorite. His indy book Queen & Country is most awesome if you like politcal spook thrillers. He has also done two typey type books of Queen & Country.

I like most of the Bat Books, Batman, Nightwing, Birds of Prey. New writer just took over Nightwing, so not on my top 10 list anymore. I loved Devin Grayson writing it.

Astonishing X-Men is the hand's down best X-Book out there right now. Comes out every two months but is worth the wait with Joss Whedon writing it and Cassidy's fantastic art. If you are at all a Kitty Pryde fan, it is great to see a writer who gets her.

Strangers in Paradise is a awesome character drivin book and Terry Moore is one of my favorite people in the comic book industry. Really nice guy.

A book I have just gotten into is called Of Bitter Souls by Chuck Satterlee of Markosia Press. It is a fun read. 4 people with lives of crime get super-powers and have to fight at the side of a stern Priest who helps train them.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I actually picked up on X-men comics since ive watched the movie,with my ex, who is a huge fan of the show, i was....stunned, rather, mortified that jean had died and Cyclops is dating that evil queen. I'm anxious to see how it all turns out, since that evil lady supposedly betrayed them, i hope kitty breaks her jaw and cyclops kicks that skank out of the house for good.

I'm betting that it will be reveled that she didn't betray them, that it was Cassandra using Emma as a puppet. It will be hard for them to get over it, but she will redeem herself.

She brought Kitty to the team to keep a watch on her. I think she knew something was up.

LOL, but I could be wrong.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

ugh, I hope not...I really, really, dislike Emma...If I understand the story correctly, she had an affair with Cyclops even way before Jean was killed...not to mention she started out as a bad guy to begin with...i just really dislike the pairing between Cyclops and her...but moving away from the Astonishing X-Men...

Im also reading the Uncanny X-Men, which is pretty interesting as well...Professor X Lost his powers? and apparently is not on good terms with many of the X-men...lol then all these other twists and stuff come into play...its very confusing, but so interesting lol

To find out why the X-Men are mad at Professor X, you can read X-Men: Deadly Genesis mini-series. It should be out in trade paperback form soon.

Last year Marvel did a cross-over event called House of M where Scarlet Witch (whose powers were out of control) changed the world so all the mutants got their secret wishes. It changed many of their lives dramtically. When the illusion started to unravel she uttered the words, "No More Mutants". Since that event there are only 198 mutants left. Professor X is no longer a mutant, but appently retained the ability to walk from House of M.

I picked up Astonishing X-men 16 today and was quite disappointed that Kitty didn't get to lay the smack down on Emma as good as I wanted...but she did...a moderately decent job...lol

I also came across something interesting, X-Men The End series, I bought books 1 and 2 and the people said 3 would be released on September...anyways, after reading it, I was just so confused lol I really enjoy reading the comics, i do, but omg, im always left in so much confusion...its frustrating...another thing that i found interesting is Storm is getting married! That answers one of my questions about where she was, she wasnt in Astonishing X-Men or Uncanny X-men much, and to me, she's the best character! ok, well enough ranting lol

+ Reply to Thread