+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga and other things that won't get you laid

You know what I would love to see? Reissues of Warren Comics Graphic comics like Eerie, Creepy, Zombie, Rook, Vampirella. All the great ones from the 60's and 70's that I had just started getting into reading cause they cost alot back then on a thin allowance.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I'd like to see the EC stuff reprinted.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I want to see to Kill A Mockingbird: the movie (I know there is already a movie but I want it revised)
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

I've been reading Love Hina lately. It's pretty funny.

I like the Love Hina anime, never read the manga though.

I've been reading shojo stuff lately. While not normally a big fan of the genre, my best friend sent me a copy of a great series called The Wallflower by Tomoko Hayakawa (he actually got it for me because he read the author's bio and, with her love of Tim Burton films and skull collection, thought her description sounded just like me in high school ). Coincidentally, it's a bit like Love Hina but with a gothic horror twist. It's just so quirky and cute; I am really enjoying it, so much so that I rushed out to buy the first book (my friend had sent me book 2), and my husband made my day by buying me book 3. Oh, and I found a new Manga shop near me that has the entire series available and a frequent buyer program! Isn't that convenient?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Haha! I love the title of this thread.

I don't read much of this stuff but a while back I read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. It's really good, but gory.
    Strokes Concert: 3/21/06
    "What do you mean we walked around dressed like girls? We walked around in our own clothes, they just happened to be dresses." -Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)

I was just wondering if anyone one here has read any of Jessica Abel's work? I got her new graphic novel La Perdida today.

It has been getting great reviews.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Basket*Case View Post
    I don't read much of this stuff but a while back I read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. It's really good, but gory.
    If you like that one, consider David Lapham's Stray Bullets--another thought-provoking indie that revels in black humor.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I was just wondering if anyone one here has read any of Jessica Abel's work? I got her new graphic novel La Perdida today.
    No, I hadn't even heard of Abel. (Of course, when I first read your post, I thought, "Jessica Alba wrote a graphic novel?!" Ah, the onset of dyslexia...)

This piqued my interest, so I browsed on over to www.artbabe.com after performing a Google search on Abel. The description of La Perdida reminds me of one of my old-time favorites, Love and Rockets.

I haven't picked up any "indie" type graphic novels recently, although a good friend did gift me with Fun With Milk & Cheese on my birthday. Violent and dark, although it's showing its age a bit. There's definitely a very "early 90's" feel to the humor.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

You are the second person who has done that today --- the Jessica Alba thing.

I was just curious as she is my cousin. If I don't get work today I am going to read it all tomorrow.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Well I finished it yesterday. I have to say I am proud of my cousin. Phat --- they mention Love and Rockets in the critiques of her novel.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread