+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga and other things that won't get you laid

Phat, I know what you mean about the artwork. I love what I've read so far, but the artwork IMO could be so much better. I'll give American Gods a try though. It's a pretty popular read on here.

I have some pics from Comic-Con, but I have no idea how to resize them. They're too large to post.
    Ludicrous speed!

You can send them to me Char, and I can resize them and post them for you, if you want.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Okay, folks, these are Charstar's pictures from this year's San Diego Comic Convention.

David Mack--or as we fondly refer to him, the "Mack Daddy" of graphic novels
    [IMG]images/img/04comiccon_davidmack.jpg[/IMG]

Mack & his lovely girlfriend, Ahn.
    [IMG]images/img/04comiccon_daveahn.jpg[/IMG]

Char's sister's friend dressed up as "Scarab" from Kabuki.
    [IMG]images/img/04comiccon_scarab.jpg[/IMG]

And hey, Bub, who do you think this is? It's Wolverine of course!
    [IMG]images/img/04comiccon_wolvy.bmp[/IMG]

Massive thanks to Char and her sister for sharing them with us!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Thanks for posting the pics, Snowy! I think Wolvy deserves an honorable mention on his costume.
    Ludicrous speed!

FORT Fan
    after so many years I'm still an X-men fan.

Uncanny X-men and Astonishing X-men are at the moment my two favorite monthly titles.

I never cared much about Gaiman, he's a decent author, he just never did anything for me, it's fun, but nothing spectacular. I prefer the works of Alan Moore over Gaiman. Moore weaves a far more interesting story, and his works are more diverse than Gaiman's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon
    after so many years I'm still an X-men fan.

Uncanny X-men and Astonishing X-men are at the moment my two favorite monthly titles.

I never cared much about Gaiman, he's a decent author, he just never did anything for me, it's fun, but nothing spectacular. I prefer the works of Alan Moore over Gaiman. Moore weaves a far more interesting story, and his works are more diverse than Gaiman's.
    Have you read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Book 2? I just finished it and thought it was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    No I haven't read Miracleman or Stray Bullets, but I trust your tastes implicitly and will give those a try as soon as I get the chance.
    Er.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't have rushed to recommend Miracleman, as Neil Gaiman and Todd McFarlane have been involved in an incredibly nasty courtroom fight over MM rights for years. (The trade paperbacks have been out of print while this gets resolved.)

As for Stray Bullets, it's not easy to find, but well worth the search. You may have better luck online.

FORT Fan
    LoEG is good, but Top Ten, both volumes, is the best title of the ABC-line. It's funny as hell, and there are so many references in the background that you feel special each time you recognize an obscure one.

The LoEG movie sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon
    LoEG is good, but Top Ten, both volumes, is the best title of the ABC-line. It's funny as hell, and there are so many references in the background that you feel special each time you recognize an obscure one.

The LoEG movie sucked.
    Cairon, how was Promethea?

And, yes, I only caught the last bit of LoEG, but that's like saying I only caught a 'little Ebola." It stank up my afternoon. What an utter waste of time.

Dark Knight fans, in case you haven't seen this already:

http://www.collorastudios.com/projects/bde/bdemain.htm

+ Reply to Thread