+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Nora Roberts fans?

Re: Nora Roberts fans?

I got to watch this movie over the weekend and I really liked it. It took a bit, like 30 minutes to really hook me in but then I had to see what was gonna happen next. The last hour was by far the best and the most suspenseful.

P.S I love Jason Lewis

Re: Nora Roberts fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3394276;
    High Noon: At the start of this scintillating slice of romantic suspense from prolific bestseller Roberts (Sweet Revenge), Lt. Phoebe MacNamara, the chief hostage negotiator for the Savannah, Ga., PD, meets Duncan Swift, a sports bar owner, as they both try to prevent a suicidal bartender Duncan fired from jumping off a roof on St. Patrick's Day. In the aftermath, a romance develops between Phoebe and Duncan, though in typical Roberts style the enigmatic Phoebe's devotion to career and family, who include a young daughter and an agoraphobic mother, creates tension in their relationship. After Phoebe survives a vicious attack within her own precinct house by an unknown assailant, it becomes clear that someone is intent on harming Phoebe and those close to her. A courageous protagonist, deft plotting and the sultry Savannah backdrop all add up to another winner for consummate storyteller Roberts.
    I haven't read any of the books but this excerpt made me want to see High Noon because I live in Savannah. I was disappointed that they changed the location for the tv movie. Would it really have been so hard to keep it the same as the book? Even if they didn't want to do location shots they could have faked it. No southern accents, no mention of the city of Savannah, and they even mentioned a county no where near here.

I also watched Northern Lights and enjoyed it. Supposedly Leann Rimes and Eddie Cibrian started an affair during the filming of it. She's married, don't know if he is.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456