+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nora Roberts fans?

Re: Nora Roberts fans?

Midnight Bayou was one of my favorite books. I am hoping that they do a good job with the movie. I taped Northern Lights but haven't watched it yet.

Broadway,
    Thanks so much for the posts. They sound a lot like Mary Higgins Clark, or Danielle Steel with some suspense thrown in. They've piqued my interest.
    Inthe garden,
    Thanks for your replies, as well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

i loved midnight bayou..i thought the movie was well made..jerry o connel is HOT. but the chick was a little annoying. she wore the same jeans throughout the entire movie.

If you liked the movie Midnight Bayou, try the book.

FORT Regular

Has anyone read the book that's coming up for this weekend? High Noon i believe it is.

FORT Newbie

I didn't read High Noon but I watched most of the movie. Wasn't terribly into it to be honest but I guess I'd still give the book a shot. I'm excited for Tribute this weekend though, that book I really liked. And Jason Lewis... Ohhh Jason Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by worldscrashing;3407497;
    I didn't read High Noon but I watched most of the movie. Wasn't terribly into it to be honest but I guess I'd still give the book a shot. I'm excited for Tribute this weekend though, that book I really liked. And Jason Lewis... Ohhh Jason Lewis.
    I haven't read high noon or tribute either but high noon seemed to be a pretty good movie....but when i read the book i probably won't think so...movies rarely live up to what the book is..but i read anything by Nora Roberts/JD Robb...the only thing that upset me was that shiloette would not let her finish the MacGregors on her own since she wrote them under their books...and I miss Daniel macgregor...

lol..heck who am I fooling...i will read just about any book I can get my hands on...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

I read Tribute and really really liked it. Let's see if the movie lives up to it!

I'm sorry I missed bayou, but I just watched High Noon and it hits the highlights in the book. As with any book to movie, there just isn't enough time to fully flesh out characters and places. They had him living in an ultra modern house rather than a restored plantation house and that was just wrong. They showed a family dinner with his "adopted" family because the mother and DIL were needed in the climatic scene. I thought they did do a good job of keeping the mystery going, though. Good job all around. I haven't read Heritage, but I'll watch the movie this Sat. I think that is the one book I haven't read.

In the not too distant future I'm going to hold a sale of ALL my paperback books - including all the Roberts family sagas. Right now, it seems like too much work. If anyone is looking for an uncompleted series PM me and I'll see if I have what you're missing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I agree with your comment about being able to put every little detail of a book into a movie...it's just not possible. But, I did see High Noon and thought it did a great job of putting the most important parts in. Plus, I really don't mind all these movies starring some of the hottest guys on the planet This week Brittany Murphy is working alongside Jason Lewis (Samantha's model boyfriend from Sex and the City).
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-10-2009 at 06:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast