+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nora Roberts fans?

Re: Nora Roberts fans?

I've definitely heard of her, but have never read one of her books. Is she mystery or romance?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Whereismymind;3388536;
    Thanks for posting this, Iím really excited to see Northern Lights as a movie. Going to set my tivo for tomorrow night because I have a dinner party. There are other movie adaptations of her books, no? Or is this the only one?
    They are going to have all of her movies on Lifetime tomorrow.

FORT Regular

She's both mystery& romance...

and thanks! I caught the commercial the other night! The movie was very good! i'm going to TiVo it tonight

Another movie update- Lifetime will be showing four new Nora Roberts movies:
    March 21 - Northern Lights
    March 28 - Midnight Bayou
    April 4 - High Noon
    April 11- Tribute

Hope you enjoy

FORT Newbie

Thank you for the movie schedule I couldn't find out which movie is on this weekend. I read Tribute so I'm excited for that premiere. Has anyone read Midnight Bayou?

Are all the movies romance or mystery? I'm not a big romance fan, but I love mysteries. Anyone know? Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

These four are all a bit of both... suspense/mysteries with a bit of romance thrown in on the side.

I'd pop over to somewhere like borders.com or bn.com (Barnes and Noble) and read the summaries on the stories to see if you'd like them. Oh heck.. lemme get em.

Midnight Bayou: Triple-platinum romance doyenne Roberts spins a tale of bayou passions old and new in her latest romantic suspense novel, set on the grounds of a dilapidated postbellum mansion outside New Orleans. Declan Fitzgerald, a Harvard-educated Boston lawyer, has longed to possess Manet Hall ever since he and his friend, Remy Payne, broke into the old place as drunken students on a lark. Now, on the eve of his wedding, Declan leaves Boston, the law and his fianc‚e, buys the decrepit hall and embarks on a mission to restore it with his own sweat, blood and money. But Manet Hall comes with a dark history, and restoring it means uncovering its past, which includes rape, murder and betrayal. Declan encounters an additional challenge in the person of Cajun beauty and bar owner Lena Simone, who has her own dark history and a surprising connection to Manet Hall. As Declan digs deeper at the Hall, he often hears a baby crying. The cries are followed by voices, particularly that of Abigail Manet, the baby's mother. Abigail's story, which unfolds in 1900, is woven so tightly with Declan's that he finds it difficult to escape her grasp. In the end, only Lena can bring him back from the tragic past that threatens to engulf him. Roberts's role reversal here it is the male character who hears voices and even swoons gives her faithful readers a little extra thrill, and the lush setting and the satisfying if predictable romance round out the package.

High Noon: At the start of this scintillating slice of romantic suspense from prolific bestseller Roberts (Sweet Revenge), Lt. Phoebe MacNamara, the chief hostage negotiator for the Savannah, Ga., PD, meets Duncan Swift, a sports bar owner, as they both try to prevent a suicidal bartender Duncan fired from jumping off a roof on St. Patrick's Day. In the aftermath, a romance develops between Phoebe and Duncan, though in typical Roberts style the enigmatic Phoebe's devotion to career and family, who include a young daughter and an agoraphobic mother, creates tension in their relationship. After Phoebe survives a vicious attack within her own precinct house by an unknown assailant, it becomes clear that someone is intent on harming Phoebe and those close to her. A courageous protagonist, deft plotting and the sultry Savannah backdrop all add up to another winner for consummate storyteller Roberts.

Tribute: Roberts sets her underwhelming latest in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, where former child star Cilla McGowan rehabs her famous grandmother's long-neglected farm. Cilla's movie-star grandmother, the Marilyn Monroe–like Janet Hardy, who died mysteriously on the farm at age 39, haunts Cilla as she transforms the former hideaway of the rich and famous into habitable living space and tries to resolve whether Janet committed suicide or was murdered. While cleaning out the attic, Cilla unearths a collection of unsigned love letters to Janet from a local suitor, which adds spice to the puzzle of Janet's death. Meanwhile, Cilla's hunky graphic novelist neighbor, Ford Sawyer, provides the requisite sizzle and encourages Cilla to follow her dream of becoming a top-notch building contractor—much to the dismay of Cilla's headline-hungry diva mother. Amid the demolition and sheet rocking, Cilla comes up against a disgruntled local, and a series of unnerving threats and occurrences (vandalism, torched Cilla dolls) almost unhinges Cilla.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Broadway gave the best description of Nora Roberts books. I will add there is some supernatural in the mix also. Her trilogies are pretty good. She also writes as J.D. Robb. I haven't read those books, but I think they have a little more mystery in them.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I'm a huge Nora Roberts / J.D. Robb fan. Very excited to see that there are movies for those books. Thanks for posting the info.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Regular

Has anyone seen Northern Lights? I liked it a lot. Of course no movie is better than the book version, but I have to say I enjoyed it. Midnight Bayou is on this weekend but I'm not thrilled with the preview.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 03-27-2009 at 04:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast