+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nora Roberts fans?

A couple of weeks ago, I read "Birthright" (I think it's fairly new in paperback but had been out in hardcover). It's more of a Robb than a Roberts, romance-y but not too much and with more action than the usual. It was one of the better Roberts books I've read in recent years - I had an inkling of who the bad guy was when they were introduced into the storyline, but there were enough twists and turns that I'd forgotten about them and was a bit surprised by the way it ended.

After flying through the last "Death" book like it was candy, I'm wondering where Robb is going to take the series to keep it fresh (because as much as I adore it, it's getting stale). Eve needs to make Captain (I know it'd be fast in terms of real timeline, but in terms of bookline, it's time) and there needs to be some strong new understory with Roarke, who's starting to resemble Galahad (as in predictable scenery instead of character). New characters added in would be good, maybe a bigger role for Trueheart?

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    If you like Nora Roberts, try Catherine Coulter. I found her books to be a lot less formulaic. But she's not as prolific.
    okay .......I'm off to the bookstore to locate some new books........

thread bump.......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Re: Nora Roberts fans?

I know I'm bumping an old thread here but I just read the first book of her newest trilogy and it scared the living daylights out of me. The name of the book is Blood Brothers. The series is something like Signs of Seven. Anyways there were scenes in the book that made me think of It by Stephen King. Totally scared the living daylights out of me. Not the usual Nora Roberts mystical stuff. I've only read the first book but it is kind of reminding me of her Three Sisters Trilogy. It was good even though it was a little scarier then I usually like. The second book is The Hollow and it is out now. The third book is Pagans Stone and it will be out in December. I have the second one on order from the library. I just hope my hair doesn't turn grey before I finish reading it.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

With this series she delves even deeper into the essense of good vs evil. I think she is trying to show the yin and yang with at least one of the matchups. The wait for book 3 which has proved to be a long - much longer than the wait between book 1 and book 2, at least in my opinion.

Other than her family series, my favorite Roberts books are her mysticals. My very favorite series features Morgana and her cousins. It was one of her first ventures into the magical and one of her best series - again in my opinion.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I am another Nora Roberts fan! I am not a big fan of her "multiple stories" in one book books. But her series and stand-alone novels are good to me. I know that her critics feel that she is too formulaic sometimes but I don't mind too much. I really enjoyed "the Sign of Seven" trilogy. Scared me though. I had envisions of a little red eyed dark hair demon boy popping up in my windows for days. I am a bit of a chicken, have a huge imagination, and a hubby who works nights, not a good combination haha.

I like Nora Roberts - but prefer the series she writes as JD Robb... the "In Death" police procedural books.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

FORT Regular

I love her books..A new one is being released at the end of this month..But it is part of a series right?

Quote Originally Posted by Whereismymind;3384228;
    I love her books..A new one is being released at the end of this month..But it is part of a series right?
    I enjoy reading her also.
    April 28, Vision in White, Bk 1 of 4, 4 friends that have a wedding planning business.
    Black Hills, due out in July

I read Northern Lights. Thought it was pretty decent. Theyíre actually coming out with a movie about it..so Iíll probably check it out to compare. Hereís the info if youíre interested:
    Northern Lights - Premieres Saturday 9pm on Lifetime on Yahoo! Video

FORT Regular

Thanks for posting this, Iím really excited to see Northern Lights as a movie. Going to set my tivo for tomorrow night because I have a dinner party. There are other movie adaptations of her books, no? Or is this the only one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast