+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nora Roberts fans?

I think I'll pick up the first two books, do you know when the last book is being released?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I think I'll pick up the first two books, do you know when the last book is being released?
    It's due out in mid-January - I can't remember if it was the 9th or 19th. I like that they're coming out close together, I hate it when I'm reading a series and I have to wait a year between books.

Yeah! like the 3 Sisters trilogy.. it took forever to finish it.
    The tears of the moon trilogy took a long time to come together too, if I am remembering correctly

For anyone who's interested, Key of Valor (the last one) came out a few days ago. I have it pre-ordered and Amazon's taking their sweet time shipping it, so it was hard to pass it by on the shelf today, lol.

I expected this one to be the thickest page-wise, but it isn't.

I'm more than half way through it now PP.
    So far so good. I thought for sure that it would be the thickest too.. in order to tie things all together.

What did you think of the first two??

p.s. I bought my Key of Valor Jan 2nd, for 30% off the jacket price.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I'm more than half way through it now PP.
    So far so good. I thought for sure that it would be the thickest too.. in order to tie things all together.

What did you think of the first two??

p.s. I bought my Key of Valor Jan 2nd, for 30% off the jacket price.
    Mine finally arrived yesterday, now I just have to find some time to read it. Unfortunately for this book, I just finished the Robb half of the Roberts/Robb hardcover and now I'm afraid there's no way this book will erase the images of Eve and Roarke from my head, lol.

I thought the first two Key books were better than most of the garbage that's out there, but not the best things ever written. I probably would have liked them more if I hadn't already read a lot of Nora Roberts' books, because after having written a gazillion of them, they do all start to be a little formulaic. The second one reminded me of Eve and Roarke a lot. But they were still fun to read and even though I admit to being a big softie, if a book makes me cry (both of these did in places), then I call it good.

I'm dragging my feet on this one too because I already know what the challenge for Zoe is going to be. As a single mom, I just don't want to go there, you know (if the clue is what I suspect, you'll know what that means). And from the first two books, I'm not all that fond of Bradley or Zoe - she seems a little to crabby and I don't know what he is, but he didn't impress me much.

I didn't mean this to be a non-endorsement. I know once I get to it, it'll be a good book, it's just I think I'll need to be in the right mood for it.

On a sort of related note, there's a new J.D. Robb "In Death" book out later this month and wouldn't you know, it's in freaking HARDCOVER. Of course, now that she's getting all this attention for the series and it's "official" that Robb is Roberts, I expected it, but how annoying! To go from $7 paperbacks to $20 hardcovers is stinky (but you know I'll buy it).

I know what you mean about Zoe and Bradley. I feel kinda meh about them, even with half of their story behind me I still feel meh.
    I'd like to peek in a little bit more on Pitte and Rowena lol.
    If the key is what I think it is I'll be really disappointed because it was too predictable.
    I love Nora Robert's storytelling, as herself and as JD Robb. I will not pay $20 (thats $35 CDN plus GST (a tax)) for a book. I'll wait for it to come out in paperback and I might even wait and borrow it from the library.
    This series alone cost $35.

Well, I found some time to read the last book and was seriously underwhelmed. I even skipped parts of it because it was so boring.

Obviously this is only my opinion and apologies to those who liked it, but the ending was ridiculous. It's like Roberts knew she had to come up with a big bang ending and she pulled out all the overwrought romance novel cliches all at once. The final scenes where she retrieves the key were just totally eye-rolling and silly; I knew exactly what Zoe's boon would be and it wasn't even surprising about the wedding date thing. Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy.

Yuck. Maybe it's because I'm still stuck in my distaste for this one, but this book just ruined the whole series for me. I think Roberts started with a great idea and totally ran out of steam - she should have kept it to two books and wrapped it up there.

I'm looking forward to the next JD Robb book to wipe the taste of this dreck out of my mouth. :mad:

I read my first Nora Roberts book two weeks ago: Sanctuary. It was fun and fast, but the love scenes were like a Harlequin Romance novel, and I figured out the "whodunit" before I was half way through the book.
    It was a nice, quick, "escape" read, so I will probably try another of hers when I am at the beach again!

I read some of the Nora Roberts books "born in" series, then I got one of the JD Roberts ones and now I love them! I like the "romance" type ones too but not as much as the "In Death" ones.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast