+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The True Crime Genre

Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    She is trying to point her finger at Darren? I thought he stood behind her 100% that she couldn't have down this to her two kids. I thought she was the one who killed the boys also but then I look at her pictures of all her bruising and cuts and wonder?
    Did the book say anything about the extra - marital affairs of her spouse? I think there is more information coming to light about that, now. And you know that the trial transcripts were all messed up, too. She tried to have the conviction overturned on that but the appeal was denied.

No I didn't know about any affairs, I just read the one book but there are a few others based on her. I know she had tried to appeal because of the transcripts but beyond knowing she is on death row, I have no idea what she or he has been doing since then. Do you know whether he has the youngest son or did one of their families get custody of him?

No I didn't know about any affairs, I just read the one book but there are a few others based on her. I know she had tried to appeal because of the transcripts but beyond knowing she is on death row, I have no idea what she or he has been doing since then. Do you know whether he has the youngest son or did one of their families get custody of him?
    I don't know who has custody of the youngest child. I would imagine it's the husband, but I could be mistaken.
    She was in the news here not too long ago about another denied appeal. I'm not really following it, but it's local news.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I don't know who has custody of the youngest child. I would imagine it's the husband, but I could be mistaken.
    She was in the news here not too long ago about another denied appeal. I'm not really following it, but it's local news.
    Does the husband still live in that house or in the same town?

I would love to get a couple of True Crime books, but my family would dissaprove. I used to flip through them before, but stopped because of embarrassment at the thought of what people would think, girl who looks 13 looking at photos of crime scenes.

I used to read a lot of true crime books. I started with Helter Skelter when I was in 7th grade. I read it 3 more times over the years. I also read about Ted Bundy, the Hillside Stranglers, Richard Ramirez, you name it. My family all thought it was weird for me to be interested in those things. My sisters were busy reading Danielle Steele and the likes. I've never read a romance novel. I did stop reading true crime and switched to novels by the likes of John Sandford, J.A. Jance and any other author that had recurring characters in a series. I also read all of Dean Koontz' books.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I've read many true crime books over the years , lately I've been reading fiction though.....however I do find true crime books fascinating and at times quite frightening.

Does the husband still live in that house or in the same town?
    I don't know. There are many websites about the murders, however. This one outlines the case and talks about her spouse's involvement: http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Ann Rule picks really good subjects to write about, so you can always count on an interesting story even if her approach is a bit formulaic. I liked Small Sacrifices even more than The Stranger Beside Me.
    The story of Small Sacrifices has fascinated me since I saw Oprah interview Diane Downs from jail back in like, '87. I got the book shortly thereafter. It's still one of my favorite true crime books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina1116
    The story of Small Sacrifices has fascinated me since I saw Oprah interview Diane Downs from jail back in like, '87. I got the book shortly thereafter. It's still one of my favorite true crime books.
    That woman is f****d (Diane Downs, not Oprah ). I read the book once and was so incensed I couldn't stand to read it again. Wouldn't mind seeing the Oprah interview, though.

I've never been crazy about Ann Rule. Just don't care for her writing style. I'm still mourning Jack Olsen.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread