+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: The True Crime Genre

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalsGem
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one who hungers for these books.

I've read quite a bit of these types of books. My most recent conquest was a book about the disappearance of Elizabeth Bain and the conviction of Robert Baltovich (No Claim To Mercy - Derek Finkle). This is probably one of the worst miscarriages of Justice in Canada.

I'm looking for ideas on what to read next. The more gory the better. (I know, I know... I'm sick... what can I say)

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Take care all.
    I just read that book recently! I can't believe that Robert Baltovich was convicted! There was hardly any evidence pointing to him! And Liz's body has never been found! So friggin' ridiculous! Anyway, it was an excellent read!

Teraisa1

Qualifies as True Crime: In the Worst Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta
    Not sure if this actually qualifies as a true crime story, but has anyone read the book A Child Called It? It is the true story of the boy being severely abused by his mom. The boy (now an adult) actually writes this book. I can't remember his full name ~ Steven ????. There are now 3 books to his story. I have only read the first one. It will make you cry, scream and so mad that you wish you could've been there to strangle his mom.
    I just want to say, that YES, this qualifies as true crime. So sad, isn't it? Another good one is about the boy, David, who was going to Disneyland (I think) and his dad burned him in the motel--gas, etc. It was just terrible, but this guy--David?--is incredible. I thank God he tells his story as did the Child Called It. We need to know that stuff like this happens everyday.

Thanks for sharing.

Teraisa
    Teraisa J. Rogers
    True Crime Fanatic: Helping Victims ALL THE TIME
    http://TrueCrimeFanatic.com
    TCF: Where readers and writers come together.

FORT Newbie

bookworm

I also love the true crime genre. Yes the truth is stranger and more interesting than fiction. One that I am reading now is every womans nightmare. It is about the woman in Utah, Lori Hacking who was killed by her husband. She found out his whole life was a lie. He is a pathological liar who made up what amounts to another life and had his family and friends convinced of it. I recommend it.

Teraisa1

Lori

Usually I don't read as much high profile, since there is so much media involved... but so glad to hear the book is good. Do they explain things much better than what we saw on television? I'd love for you to include a short review here later (personally, I'd love it, cannot say for owner or anyone else).

Teraisa
    Teraisa J. Rogers

FORT Newbie
    They do explain the story in more detail then we saw in the media...I am not finished reading it yet but will post a review when I am done. I am also reading by Aphrodite Jones, Red Zone. It is about the dog mauling case involving the two presa canario dogs in California. I am half way through this and highly recommend it. will review also if you like. Aphrodite Jones is another great author.

Dawn

Teraisa1

Review?

You must actually have a real life, as do I, and forgot I'd love to hear a review from you! Ha, ha!

Has anyone seen the TV movie, Dawn Anna, starring Debra Winger? Wow, what a life this woman has had. If I tell why it's so good and she is amazing, I'd actually give the story away. Anyone else care to do that? LOL Check out the Lifetime movie, if you get the chance.

Teraisa
    Teraisa J. Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011