+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Children's Book?

FORT Newbie

Re: Favorite Children's Book?

I loved Judy Blume, Beverly Cleary, and Laura Ingalls Wilder. My favorite book of all time, though, was Lois Lowry's Number the Stars. If you haven't read it, its a great story about two little girls living in Copenhagen during WWII. I still re-read my copy every now and then.

The Witch of Blackbird Pond was a favorite, as well. I could relate to Kit, because I often felt out-of-place.

FORT Fanatic

"A Children's Book of Garden Verses" by Robert Louis Stevenson.
    I was very young and growing up in a very poor family when my Aunt Mae gave me this book. I felt special for merely owning the book.
    Years have passed and I still have it on a shelf. One of my seven brothers and sisters wrote in it, I don't remember but I am sure I fought them over that. The simple rhymes it contained were mostly about the value in being a good child. I think to this day it is responsible for keeping me away from the downward spiral of drugs and teenage pregnacy that my siblings fell into.

My younger years I loved Harold and The Purple Crayon, and Flutterby

As I got older I loved The Narnia Chronicles by C.S.Lewis, Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers, The Neverending Story (forgot the author), and many other books that I can't think of right now.

One of my favorites growing up was a book called Shadows in the Water by Kathryn Lasky. It is about a pair of telepathic twins who move to the Florida Keys and discover that they can also telecommunicate with dolphins. So good! Another great one is Dancing Shoes by Nole Streadfeild.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

The Madeline series by Ludwig Bemelmans. To this day, I can still recite the opening lines. Years ago, I purchased them in hardcover for my library.
    I do credit them with my love of reading to this day.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh stupid me...

I forgot The Outsiders-S.E.Hinton

<3 Ponyboy Curtis he always makes me think of him when the sunsets, and how he use to be my first fictional crush. C.Thomas Howell did awesome as Ponyboy in the movie.
    "You keep going until you find happiness in helping people realize their dreams"- Gene Kelly

A Gift from the Lonely Doll by Dare Wright

Actually I am so into kid's books that I write them myself and I have an online friend in Florida who does the 3D illustrations for most of the books. I have a website where I sell them and we are just starting to branch out and have our newest book on Amazon. We are currently running a contest to give away copies of this new book which is actually a special edition of our 4 book series all rolled into one. Most of our books are about fairies and elves and the main characters are Katie and Savannah, two very smart little girls who seem to always fall into adventures. Our little girls are not the ones being rescued by the Prince......in fact the are the ones doing the rescuing. We have been fortunate enough to have had 4 teachers here in Ontario review our books and take them into their classroom's to get student response. We also have a couple of toddlers books. My grandchildren love "Sally's Silly Pets" and know it off by heart now. My 3 year old grandson is always asking me to read "Sally has a silly cat that eats spaghetti and wears a hat". It has been an exciting journey so far. Our website is called The Toybox Grannies.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lailah;3383776;
    Oh stupid me...

I forgot The Outsiders-S.E.Hinton

<3 Ponyboy Curtis he always makes me think of him when the sunsets, and how he use to be my first fictional crush. C.Thomas Howell did awesome as Ponyboy in the movie.
    I had a crush on Sodapop. Only in the book though. By the time the movie came out, Daryl, played by Patrick Swayze was more my style.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer;3384991;
    Actually I am so into kid's books that I write them myself and I have an online friend in Florida who does the 3D illustrations for most of the books. I have a website where I sell them and we are just starting to branch out and have our newest book on Amazon. We are currently running a contest to give away copies of this new book which is actually a special edition of our 4 book series all rolled into one. Most of our books are about fairies and elves and the main characters are Katie and Savannah, two very smart little girls who seem to always fall into adventures. Our little girls are not the ones being rescued by the Prince......in fact the are the ones doing the rescuing. We have been fortunate enough to have had 4 teachers here in Ontario review our books and take them into their classroom's to get student response. We also have a couple of toddlers books. My grandchildren love "Sally's Silly Pets" and know it off by heart now. My 3 year old grandson is always asking me to read "Sally has a silly cat that eats spaghetti and wears a hat". It has been an exciting journey so far. Our website is called The Toybox Grannies.
    Good to know, I'll check out your site. Thank you.

My fave books, The Secret Garden and Where the Red Fern Grows.

+ Reply to Thread