+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Children's Book?

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Favorite Children's Book?

I can't believe I never knew this thread existed. As an elementary teacher, my list of favorite children's books goes on and on and on!

My all time favorite children's novel is Charlotte's Web. My all time favorite picture book is The Giving Tree. I absolutely adore that book.
    Wake up and be awesome

I absolutely love The Giving Tree! I still tear up when I read it.

Another favorite is Oh! The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess. My dad gave me that book the day I graduated from college. I taught Kindergarten for several years and I read it to my students every year on the last day of school. "Congratulations! Today is your day! You're off to great places, you're off and away!"
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

My mom laughed at me because i bought If You Give a Mouse a Cookie a few months ago at the GoodWill. Hey, I LOVE that book!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

We recently picked up Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner at the library and it's become such a favorite that we must now buy it and others in the series. It's about a mischievous little Siamese kitten who is sent to his room for a time out. He wakes up early to eat worms with the birds so his mother thinks he needs to do some serious thinking about what it means to be a cat. Instead, he goes on an imaginative adventure in his closet where he becomes Skippito Friskito, a great sword fighter who just happens to be a Chihuahua. It's a hilarious story full of rhyming chants. My kids are begging me to read it over and over. And I must say, I've gotten pretty good at the Zorro-like Skippito accent.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Newbie

My favorite book growing up was The Borrowers.

I have a 4 yr old now and we love to read at nap or bed time and He and I both love All Books Seuss. (He has a few memorized now...(This just amazes me... ) We also love 'How I became a Pirate' and 'Parts' (I crack up everytime I read this one.) We do like 'Bad Boys' (about the two bad wolves ) and 'Never Tease a weasle' and 'Millie waits for the Mail' There really are a lot of great books out there.

As I was growing up I loved Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys I didn't read much but I did like those. My Husband is Swedish and he grew up with Astrid Lundgren (SP?) Books the Pippie Longstockings Books She has a lot of other great books out there too...Really all of them are great.

For little ones (infants, toddlers) ALL of Sandra Boynton's books are GREAT!
    Also, I read to my baby (while I was pregnant and after she was born) the book YOU ARE MY I LOVE YOU. It is a great book. I just change the word "king" to "queen" in once to make it for a girl rather than boy.

Cool thanks we will look for some of Sandra's books when re return to the library this week.

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
    A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park
    Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
    the Lottery Rose by Irene Hunt
    Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
    Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson and Donna Diamond

I bought Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle and I am not ashamed to say it was for myself.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread