+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Children's Book?

lildago, I was just coming back to say that. Go figure that a book about a giant jam sandwich would be called The Giant Jam Sandwich.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Re: Favorite Children's Book?

Does anyone have book suggestions for a book for a 2-3-year-old? I have Disney books, but they are too long to read, as well as a Dr. Seuss one. I'd like to buy him a nice shortish book that I can read to him before bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2395560;
    Does anyone have book suggestions for a book for a 2-3-year-old? I have Disney books, but they are too long to read, as well as a Dr. Seuss one. I'd like to buy him a nice shortish book that I can read to him before bedtime.
    I'm not sure if these are the right age, but have you seen the "Little Critter" books by Mercer Mayer? Most of the titles start "Just me and my (mom, dad, little sister, puppy, grandma,...)" The Berenstain Bears books are great too. The original short ones, not the chapter books. They'd be too long.

Those are great books, veejer! I love the lessons they teach.

My 2 year old's latest favorite is We're Going On A Bear Hunt by Helen Oxenbury.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

elk

The "Froggy" books are really cute, have a good message and are just about right developmentally. I can't remember the author, but if you google "Froggy books", you'll find them - they are fairly popular.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Ameilia Bedilia (sp?)
    Little Critter - I felt like Little Critter really understood me, especially when he didn't want to go to bed.
    The Berenstain Bears
    Ramona the Pest
    Fudge and SuperFudge
    Dr. Seuss
    A lot of hand me down books from my older sister.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of Rainbow Fish and The Polar Express. I think I own at least three copies of each. I'm not sure why, though. When I was little, I was most interested in the shiny scales that the fish had.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I love the "if you give a mouse" series by Laura Numeroff. Fun stories but not too long. And the older they get, the more they really "get" it!. Very cute stories

Amazon.com: Laura Numeroff: Books

FORT Fanatic

Our girls just loved any of the Sandra Boynton books. They are short and silly and there is even one for sleepy time. Our favorites were
    Moo Baa la la la, Barnyard Dance, Going to bed book, pajama time, belly button book and Birthday Monsters.

She is really clever with her rhymes and the drawings are so cute!
    Barnyard dance and Moo Baa get memorized very quickly!

FORT Fogey

I LOVE the belly button book. Another great thing about the Boynton books is that you can usually find some of them at either TJ Maxx or Marshalls, which means you get them while paying much less!

+ Reply to Thread