+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Children's Book?

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    Oh, Anna_Bannana, I used to LOVE 'Pat the Bunny,' ahaha! According to my mom, I got so obsessed with patting the little patch of fur at the end of the book (which was "the bunny," of course) that it eventually started getting residue on it and the fur started coming off, lol. Dr. Seuss books and the 'If You Give' series ('If You Give a Mouse a Cookie/Moose a Muffin/Pig a Pancake,' etc.) were pretty awesome, too!
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

My daughter and I just started reading the Junie B Jones series. Not the series you want to be reading to teach sentence structure or vocabulary but the humour is unbeatable. My husband and I laugh our butts off at Junie's quick, logical mind and tongue.
    I like that when Junie is writing in her journal and she makes a spelling mistake she strikes it out and corrects it - my daughter has started doing it too.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy... they had my nephew reading those books (or rather, sending them home for the parents to read to him) in Kindergarten! I was mortified because the impishness and poor grammar was so not appropriate for a 5-6 year old!

They are absolutely adorable books and I love them, but it just seemed like an odd choice for kindergarten.

I Have To Say
    -The little prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery and Katherine Woods
    -Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
    -Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
    -Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    -The Cheetah Girls by Deborah Gregory (Don't laugh, they're really good.)
    -The Witch series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. They're written for children, but they're so scary. Perfect to read on a dark, stormy night.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

My son just demolished the ratty old copy of Pat the bunny we had from when Mr Nerd was a baby.. I got so sad! I think I might scoop up the pieces and make something out of them. But what?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

So I was thinking about this thread as I was having a 4 hour drive to my mothers and back, and it suddenly hit me. My favorite Childrens book is definately :THE GIVING TREE by Shel Silverstein Oh man, I cry just thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    My son just demolished the ratty old copy of Pat the bunny we had from when Mr Nerd was a baby.. I got so sad! I think I might scoop up the pieces and make something out of them. But what?
    How about a collage of some sort. If not a picture, what about a toy trunk or the drawer fronts of a kid's room dresser? Or you could take a 6' board and collage up along one side leaving a couple of inches uncollaged along the other edge. You could then mark off your son's height over the years along the blank edge.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Those are such sweet ideas. Thanks so much

Does anyone remember Flat Stanley? I loved that book as a child and now my nephew's second grade class is participating in the "Flat Stanley Project".
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread