+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Children's Book?

[QUOTE=Tallulahbaby]I thought of a few more...

Cat Ate my Gymsuit
    Pistachio Prescription
    both by Paula Danziger

Those two books I loved but the Pistachio Presciption is one of my all time favuorites and responsible for my love of pistachios.Red,of course.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Lets see...
    When my daughter was a baby we loved to read Time for Bed (Mem Fox - all her stuff is really sweet) She's now getting into a lot I remember as a child, including Harold and the Purple Crayon, Madeline and Amelia Bedelia. Junie B. Jones (I think its a new series?) really cracks even ME up.
    As an adolescent I really enjoyed The Borrowers, Encyclopedia Brown (series), The Four Story Mistake (and And Then There Were Five),The Bobsey Twins, and later on anything by S E Hinton.

Now I've got to go back a read this whole thread - lots of memories in here, I'm sure.
    Last edited by ADKLove; 07-01-2004 at 02:59 PM.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I had completely forgotten about Encyclopedia Brown. I used to love those.
    Did anyone else read The Babysitters Club series?

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Trixie Belden!!!

Anyway, has anyone mentioned Holes? Brilliant book for kids and adults.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

FORT Fogey
    I just went in the attic and got out all of my old books. I think I owned every single Berenstain Bear book. Those were GREAT! And Poky Little Puppy was read to me every night by my daddy. Amelia Bedelia are still the best books ever. I still laugh at them!

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    I just went in the attic and got out all of my old books. I think I owned every single Berenstain Bear book. Those were GREAT! And Poky Little Puppy was read to me every night by my daddy. Amelia Bedelia are still the best books ever. I still laugh at them!
    I've read all of those and adored those. I loved Amelia Bedelia. Remember the one where she had to watch the baby? Baby food
    I was in love with a difficult man.

For anyone who is a Suess fan (and I think that is everyone) there is a great biography out there which tells all kinds of facinating stuff about him.

Such as:
    Early in his career he wrote a book for adults called The Seven Lady Godivas (I've read it and it's funny!).

He wrote Green Eggs and Ham on a bet.

He wrote a political comentary on Richard Nixon. (Again a bet -- he took his book, Marvin K Mooney Will You Please Leave Now, and crossed out the name and wrote Richard M. Nixon. He won the bet.

and more.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    [QUOTE=jules77]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    I thought of a few more...

Cat Ate my Gymsuit
    Pistachio Prescription
    both by Paula Danziger

Those two books I loved but the Pistachio Presciption is one of my all time favuorites and responsible for my love of pistachios.Red,of course.
    Did you know that Paula recently passed away? What a shame....

I loved the Weekly Readers (Frog and Toad are friends, Bargain for Francis, Curious George). Also Amelia Bedelia and Ramona the Pest

As a pre-teen I loved all the Judy Blume's, probably Are you there God...as my favorite with Blubber and Superfudge right up there.

And I'll agree about The Monster at the End of the Book being terrific! I love Grover

Oh, I loved The Cat Ate My Gymsuit and The Pistachio Prescription! I can hardly wait till my girls are old enough for those kind of books.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have always loved "Goodnight Moon"... I quote it to my my niece and nephew now.

+ Reply to Thread