+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shakespeare

FORT Fogey
    Sheesh Shakespear makes my head spin! See I'm not the kind of person who likes to have to go back and reread a line to understand it.

My english teacher did tell us about how he supposedly made up every tenth word or whatever. Some people in my class are pretty stupid and actually said "what, you mean he actually counted nine words and then said 'Oh I'll make up a word right about... now' ? " And they were dead serious. Good times

Carry on with your intelligent debating

I love Shakespeare. I've read most of his plays, I enjoy the comedies the most, Much Ado, Taming of the Shrew. My fave has to be Merchant of Venice. We had to read the plays for school. I don't know why but I had a particular aptitude for comprehending the language, I would have to check for points of reference (Diana in her orb.... Diana the goddess of the hunt)
    I own a few of the plays, all in tattered paperback form. I love to read the plays, I love to discuss them but I prefer to enjoy them as entertainment and not analyze them to death.. it sucks the joy out of reading for me.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    I love plays, too Duxxy! Shakespeare is my favorite, although I always enjoyed reading plays like Lysistrata, Medea, Cyrano deBergerac...I love language, and I guess I have a pretty good aptitude for understanding Shakespeare as well. He was a master at wordplay, and I love the way he could manipulate language in such a way. Every time I read Shakespeare, I think I get something else out of it. I like to read the plays simply because I think the language and writing are beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234