+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Your favorite Stephen King book?

Quote Originally Posted by MHayes62
    I agree completely! I think because, unlike almost all Kings other stories, Misery could happen in real life, it has a special creepiness to it. And no scene stands out in my memory more than the hobbling scene.
    We are on the same page!! tee hee That scene totally freaked me out, I was disappointed that they changed it for the movie.

But the movie had that sound. I cringe even after the first time I saw that scene. She was one crazy female dog!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHayes62
    Tom Gordon is not one of his best, not by a long shot. Please don't judge all his work based on that one mediocre book. There are many, many great books that cover all sorts of different tastes written by King. If you don't like Tom Gordon, come back and describe the type of book you like. I'll bet King has a book that will suit your tastes better.
    I find Tom Gordon quite interesting and I'm liking it. If this is considered mediocre, then I can't wait to read his other books.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I really liked IT also. It was really scary for me. I can remember seeing the movie when I was little and not being able to do aything alone in my house or outside of my home because of being scared that he'd kidnap me and kill me or something. I'm glad I got over that!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Although I'd have to say that "The Stand" is my all time favorite SK book, I can't believe that no one has mentioned "The Eyes of the Dragon". I think it's one of his best. I also like his earlier books better than the latest ones. I'm reading "From a Buick 8" now and looking forward to book 5 in the Dark Tower series. I couldn't get into "Dreamcatcher" but thought the movie was good.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    Although I'd have to say that "The Stand" is my all time favorite SK book, I can't believe that no one has mentioned "The Eyes of the Dragon". I think it's one of his best. I also like his earlier books better than the latest ones. I'm reading "From a Buick 8" now and looking forward to book 5 in the Dark Tower series. I couldn't get into "Dreamcatcher" but thought the movie was good.
    I'm reading "Dreamcatcher" right now, but didn't know they'd made a movie of it. I had a bit of trouble getting into it first -- aliens aren't really my thing -- but now it's bumping along nicely.
    I loved "Eyes of the Dragon" too.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I'm reading "Dreamcatcher" right now, but didn't know they'd made a movie of it. I had a bit of trouble getting into it first -- aliens aren't really my thing -- but now it's bumping along nicely.
    I loved "Eyes of the Dragon" too.
    Ugh, I hope you liked it better than I did. I found the beginning hard to get into, the middle started getting good but then just never seemed to go anywhere. Eventually, I completely lost interest. You'll have to let me know about the end because it's the only book of his I never finished (and I have almost all of them). I don't know why, but I just didn't like it. My brother-in-law hated it too. If the end is some kind of mind-blowingly cool extravaganza, let me know. That's the only way I'll pick it up again. I couldn't *believe* they made a movie out of it.

Speaking of...where o where is my 'Bag of Bones' movie? I thought that was a brilliant book.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I absolutely loved Dreamcatcher! It is my absolute favorite of his books. I like the multiple personality/event books. This one was so good for me. Maybe that's just because I like sci-fi/fantasy novels, though... I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm looking forward to it! I hear after reading the book completely the movie isn't as good. I guess I'll find out!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Ugh, I hope you liked it better than I did. I found the beginning hard to get into, the middle started getting good but then just never seemed to go anywhere. Eventually, I completely lost interest. You'll have to let me know about the end because it's the only book of his I never finished (and I have almost all of them).
    Oh dear, the middle is where I am. If it gets too dull I'll give up too. But if not I'll let you know.
    I haven't read Bag of Bones yet.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

wow, can't believe I didn't post on this one before....I loved Carrie and The Shining.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread