+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Your favorite Stephen King book?

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I didn't like Insomnia myself.
    Insomnia was not one of my favorites either. Of his later books, it is much more hit and miss. Up to Pet Cemetary there isn't a book of his i don't love (actually i'm not a huge fan of Cujo). Tommyknockers on it's about 1 in 3 that i really like. (Excluding the Dark Tower series which i love).
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

I never read the Dark Tower series. Which book it the first?

I liked his short story "The Mist" it always grossed me out because I hate spiders and bugs!!

Cujo makes me cry. Pet Sematary makes me sad. I loved The Mist also, Susie.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I never read the Dark Tower series. Which book it the first?
    The Gunslinger is first. He wrote most of it when he was very young. Because of that, it has a different feel than the rest of the series. For the latest release King re-edited The Gunslinger to fit better, but it still stands apart. King says that the Dark Tower series is his answer to The Lord Of The Rings books which captured him when he was younger.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

That sounds interesting. I never read the Lord of the Rings books but, liked the movies. It's go on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    I liked his short story "The Mist" it always grossed me out because I hate spiders and bugs!!
    Frank Darabont has purchased the rights to "The Mist" and a screenplay was written. It has been on the shelf for many years now, but Darabont says he is still planing on making the movie someday. Darabont directed Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile, two other king adaptations. He also wrote and directed The Majestic.

I saw the other two but, not The Majestic. The movie version of the Shawshank Redemption was excellent.

I loved Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile. Excellent movies!! I hope they do make the movie for the "The Mist".

Oh, I also like "Misery". I liked the book better than the movie. They didn't quite get it right what she did to his feet, the book was much better on that aspect!!

Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    I They didn't quite get it right what she did to his feet, the book was much better on that aspect!!
    I agree completely! I think because, unlike almost all Kings other stories, Misery could happen in real life, it has a special creepiness to it. And no scene stands out in my memory more than the hobbling scene.

+ Reply to Thread