+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Your favorite Stephen King book?

:yeah that

I also enjoyed Thinner by Richard Bachman (?) I didn't see the movie version. Four Past Midnight was also very good. I did think that the Langoliers would be doable as a movie. I almost forgot about the perverted library policeman.

The Stand is my all time favorite book...but I love almost all of his books. The newer ones I don't like except for Bag of Bones. That one scared me..great book.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I've had a really hard time reading King in the past but there's one that totally pulled me in, in fact it's the only King book that I've finished in one sitting...Desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    The Stand is my all time favorite book...but I love almost all of his books. The newer ones I don't like except for Bag of Bones. That one scared me..great book.
    For some reason, I can't find many people who have read Bag of Bones. I thought it was one of his best efforts.

I liked Desperation pretty well too. Normally, though, I think his short stories show off his true talents.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'll "Stand" for "Misery."
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

My number one would be 'The Stand', and my number 2 would be 'The Talisman'.
    That one might not really count because it was written by Stephen King and Peter Straub.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    My fav is "IT"
    2nd- "Monkey Shines"- i think this was the Bachman short stories with The Mist, and The Long Walk
    3rd- "The Talisman"
    4th- "The Stand"

i cant seem to get past the first 100 pages of his newer books (Dreamcatchers, Hearts of Atlantis, Bag of Bones)

I've been reading Stephen King for years. There have been only a few of his books I didnt like--Dreamcatcher, Storm of the Century, and Needful Things. The last book Buick 8 was good and the last one he did with Peter Straub was very good. I think it was The Dark House?
    I recently read The Long Walk and was surprised how strong it was for something he did years ago--it would make a great movie.

Fade to black
    Without a doubt for me it's IT. I know I'm in the minority on this but I think The Stand is a boring, predictable piece of junk.

I love most anything King has written for the big screen, especially Shawshank and The Green Mile.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well the Stand is still my favourite after all of the books. It creeped me out when SARS was running rampant around here.

My other favourites are the Gunslinger books ... It's frustrating till he gets around to writing another one .

+ Reply to Thread