+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Your favorite Stephen King book?

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Re: Your favorite Stephen King book?

I don't think I've read it, or if so, I can't remember... I believe it is on my bookshelf at home, though, so I'll check this weekend. I initial and date all the books I've read on the back cover just in case I can't remember. I know, I know - weird. But I read so much and I buy books all the time that I put on the shelf and forget about before I get a chance to read them... so this helps me. My reading journal is also invaluable because it keeps all my quick little summaries and thoughts organized and I can go back through it for recommendations.

Bag of Bones is an excellent book. It is the only SK book that I couldn't read at night, it scared me so bad. It is my second favorite SK book. I also loved Insomnia. I haven't read it in a while, though. I may have to pull it out again.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by totoro;2168982;
    This is slightly off-topic, but did anyone else ever read "The Plant", which was released in ebook format over several months in 2000? It was released in installments, much like The Green Mile was, but it was never finished. I did receive an email explaining why (something about King decided to focus his energy elsewhere), but I was very interested in the story and I occasionally think about it and wonder how it might have ended. It just irks me.

Here's a wiki page on the e-novel if you are curious about this

Well I remember it. And being disappointed it wasn't ever finished.

And looks like I'm going to have to re-read Bag of Bones. About the only part I remember is the Daphne duMaurier's reference at the beginning. Another favorite of mine.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

My favorite King book is Thinner. I LOVED that one, so original. The movie sucked but I loved the book.

Whoo-hoo, one of my favorites that I mentioned earlier, The Long Walk (written as Bachman) is being adapted to film!-

SDCC 07: Darabont Confirms King's 'The Long Walk' - BLOODY-DISGUSTING.COM

Hope they stay true to the book, while filling in some missing details and maybe making the ending a little more clear-- if so, I always thought this one had the potential to be great; it is such a disturbing story, and fits in well in these days of reality TV. As someone on another site mentioned, I really hope they don't go and bump the ages of the walkers up, though, to try to make it more acceptable to the wider audiences.

Hi, just wanted to say WOW have you really got all Stephen Kings books i am a serious collector i admit i haven't read them all yet there are just too many of them i will be reading them for years to come. Some that i need for my collection are selling on the internet for hundreds of pounds and that's without his signature. I am personally on the look out for the scripts he wrote which i haven't found any where yet. could you possibly point me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat View Post
    Whoo-hoo, one of my favorites that I mentioned earlier, The Long Walk (written as Bachman) is being adapted to film!-

SDCC 07: Darabont Confirms King's 'The Long Walk' - BLOODY-DISGUSTING.COM

Hope they stay true to the book, while filling in some missing details and maybe making the ending a little more clear-- if so, I always thought this one had the potential to be great; it is such a disturbing story, and fits in well in these days of reality TV. As someone on another site mentioned, I really hope they don't go and bump the ages of the walkers up, though, to try to make it more acceptable to the wider audiences.
    Just read this post from back in 2007 and Ihave to ask--did they ever make a movie out of the Long Walk? I haven't heard anything....

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

While I love many of his novels, my favorite King books are his short story collections, and his novella "Different Seasons."
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

His latest book of short stories, Just After Sunset was good! Book Review - 'Just After Sunset - Stories,' by Stephen King - Review - NYTimes.com

I love most of his books. Sometimes I have trouble getting into them at first but if I give it a chance, it's usually well worth it. I also loved Bag of Bones but I think The Stand was my favorite. Some books are good, well written but just don't appeal to me, like The Cell. I really love From a Buick 8 and I'm not sure why but it was great.

+ Reply to Thread