+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite mystery series/hero?

On Hiatus
    Wow. Bob white whistle. Wow. I feel like I'm 12 again.

And I love Kellerman-but in that same vein you should read Stephen White-his hero is also a psychologist, although of adults. I started reading him because he used to live like, 20 miles from me (although a world away, financially-this was Colorado, after all.)
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    When I was a lot younger, I read Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys like crazy. Those were great.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I love Stephanie Plum and Kinsey Milhone. Might I also suggest the Elizabeth Chase series by Martha C. Lawrence. She's a great writer and Elizabeth is an interesting character... a psychic detecive. The detective work is done in a traditional way with a few psychic clues thrown in. Very well done.
    A rolling pumpkin gathers no moss.

On Hiatus
    I've never heard of Martha C. Lawrence. I'm going to have to write that one down-it sounds interesting with a psychic detective.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I grew up reading Hardy boys and Nancy Drew, Trixie Beldon (remember Honey Wheeler?). I loved them all.
    Now my faves are; Kay Scarpetta, Kinsey Milhone (she gets the snot kicked out of her in every book)
    Firegirl, I love Eve Dallas (and Peabody of course), Ben Kincaid (from William Bernhardt's series) and Nina Reilly (from Perri O'Shaughnessy's series)

I seem to like lots of strong women .. and their sidekicks lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    Duxxy, I think I am in love w/Roark the most!! Where can I find one like that?

I've only read one adult mystery series before and it's the Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell. I love that series! Kay Scarpetta is also one of the best characters ever created by an author.

I've also read the Andy Brazil series by Patricia Cornwell (she is my favourite author) but it isn't as enjoyable as the Scarpetta series. I don't even think you could call the Andy Brazil series a mystery series. It's more humor than anything...

I used to love the Nancy Drew series when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Duxxy, I think I am in love w/Roark the most!! Where can I find one like that?
    unfortunately the only place to find Roarke is in Nora Roberts' imagination LOL, men like that don't really exist.. well ok they do but they are never that rich, never outfit a co-ordinated wardrobe, or have fast and dirty sex when you really need it
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Anyone remember Cherry Ames? Also, there was a spin-off from that book featuring a woman named Vicky, but I don't remember her last name. Cherry was a nurse, and Vicky was a stewardess. I can't believe I got rid of those books.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    My first favorite books to read as a mystery were Trixie Belden she was sort of the 1970's Nancy Drew!
    Wow you hardly ever hear that name. Add to it the Bobsey Twins and Hardy Boys and of course the Nancy Drew series.... that was my beginning then on to Agatha Christie novels and I've been sucked in ever since

+ Reply to Thread