+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Da Vinci Code

Both "The DaVinci Code" and "Angels and Demons" kept me up until the wee hours to finish reading them. I couldn't put them down; I thought both were interesting, fast-paced and based on very intriguing premises. I meant to watch the TV thing but forgot (was watching reality tV, haha). I agree with some previous poster that it somewhat felt like Brown was giving us the Cliff's Notes of some very interesting and complex theories (but on the other hand, more detail would have bogged down the plot).
    Anyway, I loved them. I heard they're part of a series; he'll have similar ones set in London and other European capitols.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Both "The DaVinci Code" and "Angels and Demons" kept me up until the wee hours to finish reading them. I couldn't put them down; I thought both were interesting, fast-paced and based on very intriguing premises. I meant to watch the TV thing but forgot (was watching reality tV, haha). I agree with some previous poster that it somewhat felt like Brown was giving us the Cliff's Notes of some very interesting and complex theories (but on the other hand, more detail would have bogged down the plot).
    Anyway, I loved them. I heard they're part of a series; he'll have similar ones set in London and other European capitols.

I had to stay up and finish them too.. I kept thinking ok at 1:00 I'll go to bed then it was 2:00 well by 4:30 I had finished the dang thing and well I probably slept better because I wasn't wondering what was going to happen!

FORT Fogey
    One of the reasons I read these books is because Vince Flynn and Nelson Demille reviewed them and I like both of their books.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    I started reading this last night

and OMG..

I hate how good Dan Brown is at making this book so damn suspenseful.. right before I was going sleep.. I was like "ok, one more chapter" then the end of the chapter ends with such a cliffhanger I can't help but keep reading..

I haven't read such a true 'page turner' in a while..

I got up to the point where Rob and Sophie are racing to the American Embassy...

oh, and I so love the subject matter, secret societies, and conspiracies and stuff, I've always been so interested in that. I harsh go on the net trying to look up stuff from the book, like when they said all the stuff about the Mona Lisa and Madonna on the Rocks.. that was so cool

I am so loving this book

Picking up Angels & Demons first thing after my exams are done on Dec 10th.. well, after the post exam party anyway and hearing that there might be more in the series, that's way too cool

I went to my aunt's house on Friday to help her install a new video game, and on her coffee table was "Angels & Demons". I had to laugh. I told her I'd lend her DVC and Deception Point, when she finished those.

I was just thinking

it'd be really nice if the publishers included some colour pages with say the Mona Lisa, the Last Supper, and Madonna on the Rocks at the back of the book... it'd probably be more expensive, but worth it IMO...

and about the movie..
    it is in the works

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/

and I think they could pull it off in about 2.5 hours just fine

mind you I still have a third of the book left to read, but unless there's some crazy stuff at the end, it shouldn't be too bad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the stupid cover code contest is only open to residents of the US..

*grumble grumble*

Finished reading this a couple days ago on a trip to Orlando. It was very interesting. I couldn't put it down. Everytime I had some down time, I had to have my book with me. It's the best book I've read in a while...got me away from thinking about essays I have to read for English, which is a big plus. The religious aspects were all very new to me...I hadn't really known about all that stuff. I wish I'd seen that ABC special.

yeah, I finished it a couple of days ago too..

I had a research paper due that I had to pull an all nighter for because I wanted to finish this book off

and about the ending, I dunno, I thought it fit perfectly... what were all you guys expecting? Langdon to reveal it to the world?

I had a feeling the book wouldn't just give away what it was. At first, I didn't see the epilogue, so I thought it ended with them setting a dumb date. I was disappointed. Then, I flipped through and saw another little section that wasn't familiar. Low and behold, an epilogue...and we got a location. That finished off the book nicely for me.

+ Reply to Thread