+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Da Vinci Code

On Hiatus
    Yeah, that's kind of the feeling I came away with, although I did learn a couple of things, and enjoyed the closer look at The Last Supper.

I was a little annoyed that they kept spacing out the dialogue so much with music and art (the art I enjoyed, mind you, but it just wasn't...necessary.) It's such a HUGE topic, as someone else mentioned, and one would think they would have used up every moment of time they had instead of wasting it.

And crap. I checked The Da Vinci Code out from the library. I'll NEVER get to look for the codes!

By the way, I was amused that even the scholars seemed to have a more open mind than the women on The View. I will be sending The View a letter about their troubling behaviour yesterday.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Fogey
    I want to start a new I can't stand the women of the view thread.. ( makes note to head over to other forum after this)

I have now been doing some research on the book and other "professional" opinions of the subject. I found a couple of places that disagree w/the author's research. It is fascinating in general.
    My personal opinion is that whether or not Jesus was married is not relevant to his reason for being on earth. If he was married it would not have been a factor in his ministry. So there probably are documents that contain a lot of info about Jesus but as a Christian I believe that as it is not relevant to what God would have us know and learn to be better Christians it is not in the Bible.

Oh and I have found a couple of the "codes" in the cover but I am not sure what it all means yet. I have only found two..

FORT Fogey
    I figured out some of the book jacket codes except one.. but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I solved the book jacket codes, and have entered the contest for the trip. If anyone needs help with something in particular, please PM me.

I just started this book today. My husband read it last week. I can't wait to discuss it! I haven't really read the other posts in this thread because I don't want to spoil the book for me.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I just bought Dan Brown's first book, which will complete the collection for me. I'll be starting it tonight...

I finally finished The Davinci Code. I really enjoyed it!! It opened my eyes to a lot of stuff, religion wise. I have always kinda been a questioner as far as religion goes, and this book supports the pagan beliefs that I have.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fogey
    I just read Angels and Devils it was a good read and kept my attention. *** SPOILER**** I want to ask a question about his books to those who have read them. If you haven't don't read any further because it will be a spoiler. Ok, after reading two, is it his "formula" to have a mystery to solve then the twist is one of the major players who seems good end up being the villian?

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    I've only heard good things about this book... I'm really intigued by it.. I'll probably read it over winter..

but as for now.. I have way too much reading for University... I miss high school

Finally finished the book last night. Definitely a great read, and I agree the ending is definitely a let down. A little too cheesy especially when he's running back the the Louvre. :rolleyes

I felt at some points he was giving the background to things that didn't need a background, and not giving enough background that were integral to the plot.

I'm interested in getting a friend of mine who is a philosophy of religion doctoral student to read this. I would love to know his take on it. I also gotta get m dad to read this since he has studied a lot of Catholic doctrine and is quite a liberal thinker.

Oh and we just chose this book for my book club this month.
    Who shot who in the what now?

+ Reply to Thread