+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Book trades?

On Hiatus

Book trades?

Here's a thought-inspired by someone else on another book thread complaining about the cost of books.

I know I have a TON of books-paperback and the like-that I probably should get rid of. I used to have a used book business online, but I moved and never got it started back up.

Would anyone else be interested in a book trade/swap sorta thing? And I'm talking mostly paperbacks here-they're wicked cheap to send through the mail...

If you are interested, any ideas on how to carry it out? I think it'd be fun and a good way to get new books to read for cheap...
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I love owning my books, but there are some I'd be interested in trading.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I can't get rid of the books I have now. They're the adored remnants of what used to be a vast collection. They've been with me through several relocations.

But, here's a good book-swap site: http://www.bookcrossing.com It works a little differently that what you probably have in mind, though.

I'd be up for swapping some books. Hell, I'd be up for someone to take them off my hands without giving me any in return. Before I moved, I donated a ton of them. I didn't donate enough, though. My apartment is only so big, and the bookcases are packed three deep, and I have stacks on the floor of the living room, dining room AND bedroom. People would be doing me a big favor if they'd want them.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I'd be up for swapping some books. Hell, I'd be up for someone to take them off my hands without giving me any in return. .......
    I would be interested in Dean Koontz books, if you have them.

Do you have any with dirty pictures in them, Amanda?

When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Lots of books with naked people, yes. But why you'd want Gray's Anatomy is beyond me...

And eldee, I have zillions of Koontz books. They're all yours. When I lived in Buffalo, there was a guy at a flea market who sold them used, 3 for $5. I miss that guy.

On Hiatus
    I'm also up for just giving some of my books away. I have MILLIONS. Okay, not really millions. But a lot. A lot of mysteries and such.

I have been on a true crime kick lately, and I've already read a lot of them but if anyone has any titles, I'd love to trade. And of course, I'm always interested in any good mystery series, even though I've read a lot of those too.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Do you have any with dirty pictures in them, Amanda?

I have some Paulie. They fell in the dirt and I didn't have time to clean them.

Actually, I would like to post some tasteful, amateau pics, but they would not be considered PG in this public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Lots of books with naked people, yes. But why you'd want Gray's Anatomy is beyond me...

And eldee, I have zillions of Koontz books. They're all yours. When I lived in Buffalo, there was a guy at a flea market who sold them used, 3 for $5. I miss that guy.
    Thank Amanada G.! Do you have any idea how much they weigh? I believe if you tell the post office person and print "bound printed material" or something John previously said, I can have them sent to me with a discount postage and I can send you a check ASA you tell me the rate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast