+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Book you bought because of the title

Book you bought because of the title

Adventurer, lover,
    rogue, spy - he was a
    BUCCANEER
    SURGEON

I couldn't help it when I saw those words. The title alone was enough to pull me in. I had to make it mine. And it was actually good.

So this prompts me to ask... What book had such a strange or silly title, you just knew you had to check it out? Was it worth it?

FORT Fogey
    I'd have to say Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging... along with The Sisterhood Of the Traveling Pants both are kinda weird

I never buy books based on thier titles. I always have to read the synopsis. Even if I like the title if it doesn't sound like something i'd like I won't buy it. I might check it out of the library though.

I usually read the first few pages to see if it's worth reading, although I didn't do that when I read In the Forests of the Night. Now that was a good book.

Come to think of it...when I was about 13 I bought a book when I was coming back from a Girl Scout camping trip. We stopped at a 7-11 and I thought I would get a magazine, but instead found a book called "The Bitch". My friends and I were so shocked that you could put that right on the cover (it was 1983). I had to sneak around to read it when I got home. I think it was by Jackie Collins - pretty stupid book, but I have to admit, there are a few things from that book that I remember to this day, but I can't go into precisely what because this is a PG13 site.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I've never tried that though. I always read the synopsis before reading.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Where The Wild Things Are...wasn't A Madonna Bio?????

Rab
    Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver. The cover was so nice looking I had to buy it. And to this day I'm still on page 55 lol since I'm reading better books. It's collecting dust on my bookshelf.

Late August I bought a book called "The Green Suit", and I still haven't finished it. It's kinda strange and it's really more of a collection of short stories about the same person.

I'm guilty of making it all about the name, couple of times in fact but my favorite was by Tama Janowitz (who I'd read before anyways and liked so figured I'd give it a shot) and it was called "The Male Cross Dresser's Support Group".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast