+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On Your Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Nothing impresses the cute gal next to you on the plane than a Des Moines boarding pass...
    I'm sure you're right, Bill.

"Mmm!!! You've been to Des Moines?" *unfastens top button, moistens lips*
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Fade to black
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Greenie! Dog-eared pages. *shudder*

You can't even tell I've read a book when I'm done. Feif, your beads are bee-YOO-tiful! Great thread idea, BTW!
    Ditto for me too. For some reason, my books are my "babies" (not really, but you know, I like 'em a lot), so I can't stand to bend them etc. And Feif, those are wowzers for bookmarks. Beautiful!

Although, I don't have any fancy bookmarks. I always use the tags from clothing. I.e. cherokee, etc. They're thick and just about the right shape etc.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I'll dog-ear a paperback.

For hardcovers, I usually have a magazine lying around, so I'll take the subscription response cards out of that, fold them in half, and use those. (Probably the one good use for those ungodly things.)

As for being anal about books, I'll go so far as to go through a stack of hardcovers at the bookstore and pick out the most perfect copy I can find.

My girlfriend once just snatched one out of a stack and shoved it at me. They almost had to bring the stretcher and smelling salts to revive me.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    As for being anal about books, I'll go so far as to go through a stack of hardcovers at the bookstore and pick out the most perfect copy I can find.
    I do that too... well you know, you don't want a book with crap all over it!

As for bookmarks, paperback I dog-ear, hardback I use a Kleenex. I tried using bookmarks but I found that I would just lose them right away. Oh well, my way works fine!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I use pretty much everything as a bookmark.

I cannot dog-ear my precious books. It's too much for my book to handle being dog-earred.

feifer, the beads are extremely pretty. I wish I could get one of those here.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123