+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On Your Mark

You know, you can put your kids to work in a "family business" without violating child labor laws

Wow. I guess I need to be hauled off to the book crime prison!

Dog ears forever!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    Depends on the book for me. Cheap paperback thriller, I'll dog ear. Classic, or hard cover, I'll mark it with whatever is handy.

Law books. Dog ear to death, I could care less.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

All my books - novels or otherwise - are dog-eared. Oh, except for the library books. Dog-earers of the world, unite! Pffft to recriminations, fie to bookmarks - it's the words that matter, not the paper itself. Heart over body, content over form.

*dodges tomatoes*

But I have to say, Feifer, your glass bead markers are fine works of craftsmanship. I would never use them, though, because I misplace everything, and I would feel rotten if I lost something so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    Zhora, Send me a picture of your finished bookmark. I would love to see what you come up with.
    You betcha! I'm sure it won't be as posh and lovely as yours. I don't necessarily have any glass beads. I do have lots of interesting things I've saved over the years though. Anytime I stumble across something that could be used to make jewelry I put it in my trinket box. Anytime a piece of jewelry breaks, I put it in my trinket box. Anytime I end up with pieces of ribbon, or pretty little frillies of one kind or another I put them in my trinket box. Gee, I'm not a pack rat or anything...

Anyway, I think your bookmark idea is very nifty Feif.

As for dog-ears...I used to dog-ear all my old poetry books so I could easily thumb through to my favorites whenever I wanted to. I've just discovered the problem with that though. I was looking through Bukowski's Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame a few weeks ago and discovered that all of my old favorites weren't my favorites anymore. Now I've got a book with all the wrong pages dog-eared. Oh well.

I use whatever is handy...usually one of those subscription cards from tv guide.

I'm a dog-ear girl, even though I have several bookmarks. I also usually read a book at leave five or six times (I read really fast, so each re-read is like reading again for the first time) so some of my books look dog-earred on every page...heh heh.

On a hard-cover book, I will use the bookjacket until it gets annoying and I take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    You betcha! I'm sure it won't be as posh and lovely as yours. I don't necessarily have any glass beads. I do have lots of interesting things I've saved over the years though. Anytime I stumble across something that could be used to make jewelry I put it in my trinket box. Anytime a piece of jewelry breaks, I put it in my trinket box. Anytime I end up with pieces of ribbon, or pretty little frillies of one kind or another I put them in my trinket box. Gee, I'm not a pack rat or anything...

Anyway, I think your bookmark idea is very nifty Feif.
    Thanks! Just think of all the pretty buttons that would make a pretty bookmark bauble. I will have to dig through my buttons to see what I can come up with. Woohoo! Another spin on the bookmark. I have a couple of trinket boxes. I need to get one large one and combine them.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I used to dog-ear pages, but I'm reformed. The condition of my books seems to matter to me now. I'm kind of anal, I guess.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I pretty much use boarding passes from my last flight.

Nothing impresses the cute gal next to you on the plane than a Des Moines boarding pass...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast