+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you anxiously anticipating?

What are you anxiously anticipating?

Me, I can't wait for Wolves of the Calla, the next Dark Tower novel by Stephen King, and Quicksilver, the follow-up to Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson (of Snow Crash and Shadowrun fame).

What books are you looking forward to?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Fade to black
    Warning: There has been a Phat sighting!

Good to see ya bro.

I'm looking forward to reading "Blacks Law Dictionary" - it's a thriller I'm telling ya.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Hazy, I'm going to spoil that one for you: the butler did it.

And puh-leeeease. That one was NOTHING compared to the excitement that IS Emanuel's Civ Pro outline. The butler did it in that one, too.

I'm anxiously awaiting "Goofus and Gallant: A Retrospective on Social Dichotomies in Post-War North America". Should be a bestseller.

I'm ALWAYS awaiting the next Dean Koontz or John Sandford novel.

Woohoo! Andy! Good to see you back at FORT.

I am finishing up Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier(as recommended by Sher and Bill). Great book.

I can not wait to read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I heard that it is very well written.

I also have Then Gangs of New York by Herbert Asbury lined up. I have wanted to read it since I saw the movie.

Then there is East of Eden by John Steinbeck. There are so many people to discuss this book with these days.

An odd choice on my list is Blood Sucking Fiends byChristopher Moore. It is an odd selection comming from a friend of mine who I never would have guessed likes vampire stories.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer

An odd choice on my list is Blood Sucking Fiends byChristopher Moore. It is an odd selection comming from a friend of mine who I never would have guessed likes vampire stories.
    Okay, Moore transcends these labels. I read most of his, and Practical Demonkeeping is not an occult/horror book, in the same way Bloodsucking Fiends is not strictly speaking a Vampire book. Moore just uses these creatures and such as devices for his warped sense of humor. Think Hiassen, if he had a vampire in it, but lighter in tone.

Also, I have now added that Goofus and Gallant to my list. It sounds great! I loved Pink Think: Becoming a Woman in Many Uneasy Lessons
    by Lynn Peril. Kind of along those lines.

I've heard of Moore, and I've been meaning to read one of his books. I just don't know where to start.

And, Amanda, you were kidding about Goofus and Gallant, right?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie

And, Amanda, you were kidding about Goofus and Gallant, right?
    Okay, I can't find that title online. I must look like a REAL dork now.

Yes, I was. Cool title though, wasn't it?

Someone ought to write it. It could be the new definitive Miss Manners-esque book.

And Rachael, you don't look like a dork. If anything, I'M the dork for even thinking it up.

I'm a HUGE fan of Robin Cook. He has a new book out "Seizure". I'm on the waiting list for it at the library. I'm resisting the temptation to go out and buy it. I'm sticking to a budget

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast