+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194594 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Jay
    Attention Clive Cussler fans : the latest Dirk Pitt adventure, Trojan Odyssey, has just been released in paperback.

I'm reading the Series of Unfortunate Events series. My friend and her daughter are reading them as well so I have people to book gossip with
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiMoon42
    I'm reading the Series of Unfortunate Events series. My friend and her daughter are reading them as well so I have people to book gossip with
    I'm up to the one about the Mill (Book Nine? I've lost track...), but I've been sidetracked by a Dan Brown. So if it's book tawk you want, let's tawk away about SoUE.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I just finished London Bridges by James Patterson. The book was okay but not one of his greatest Alex Cross books. I found it jumped from one plot to the next and back again...hard to follow at times

Still Life With Crows- Lincoln Child And Will Preston. These guys are really good.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Portnoy's Complaint - Philip Roth

Aww...I want to be a sex-obsessed middle-aged Jewish man, too, if it means having such outbursts of literary creativity!

ETA: Also just finished reading Cannery Row for the fourth time. I just love both it and Sweet Thursday to pieces.
    Last edited by nausicaa; 12-02-2004 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    Still Life With Crows- Lincoln Child And Will Preston. These guys are really good.
    They are good, aren't they? I just read another of their books, Brimstone. It was riveting, although I find Pendergast just a little unbelievable at times. Does the guy ever make a mistake?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Chronicles by Bob Dylan .

Finally he speaks in sort of an understandable way. It starts out with his early years, then just jumps around. Mostly it shows he's not as scary or as iconic as the Dylan freaks would have you believe. The narrative on his sessions with Lanois were really interesting , as was his simple explanation for his name change. There was a gang member with the same name who died violently in the early 60's. He just didn't want to be associated with the name.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Chronicles by Bob Dylan .

Finally he speaks in sort of an understandable way. It starts out with his early years, then just jumps around. Mostly it shows he's not as scary or as iconic as the Dylan freaks would have you believe. The narrative on his sessions with Lanois were really interesting , as was his simple explanation for his name change. There was a gang member with the same name who died violently in the early 60's. He just didn't want to be associated with the name.
    I'm hoping someone gets this for me for Christmas. I'm a Dylan fan from way back. I tried to read Tarantula, which he wrote in the '60's, but I could never make sense of it. Despite my tagline I really am fond of grammar and composition.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    They are good, aren't they? I just read another of their books, Brimstone. It was riveting, although I find Pendergast just a little unbelievable at times. Does the guy ever make a mistake?
    I'm looking for something new. What's this like?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread