+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 709 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193593 ... LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Rachael Ray's Best Eats in Town on $40 a Day. Now I hate Rachael, but I have this weird compulsion to watch her shows, just to be able to get some hate into my day, I guess. My self-flagellation reaches it apex watching $40 a Day on Friday nights. So I got the book at the Sam's Club yesterday. It recounts her trips and has some recipes here and there. Now if only she would tip decently.
    Last edited by Texicana; 11-20-2004 at 10:29 AM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Rachael Ray's Best Eats in Town on $40 a Day. Now I hate Rachael, but I have this weird compulsion to watch her shows, just to be able to get some hate into my day, I guess. My self-flagellation reaches it apex watching $40 a Day on Friday nights. So I got the book at the Sam's Club yesterday. It recounts her trips and has some recipes here and there. Now if only she would tip decently.

Texi, I hate her too, but can't stop watching her shows, (especially $40 a Day). The book looks intriguing, but I don't think I can bring myself to buy it. What do you think of it so far? Maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list.

Quote Originally Posted by december12
    BlondieGirl - Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz is a great book!

I am currently reading (and almost done with) Bridget Jones:Edge Of Reason - I can't wait to see the movie.......
    I LOVED Odd Thomas too! I was devastated at the end, dec12th. If you liked that book, you should check out Lost Boy Lost Girl. Its great!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Seeking Rapture - Kathryn Harrison. A beautifully written collection of autobiographical short stories.

I've never read anything by Koontz, but I really want to read Odd Thomas.

Oh, and december12: I'm going to the movies to see Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason in a few hours!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I'm almost finished with The Kill Clause, by Gregg Hurwitz. Then I'll probably read the follow-up, "The Program".

Not bad. It's no Kyle Mills, but he's a decent writer nonetheless.

FORT Fan
    BlondieGirl I am going to get Lost Boy Lost Girl this weekend - I'll let ya know what I think - thanks!!

Geekthegirl - I have heard the book is nothing like the movie (no surprise there though!) but I loved the first movie, but didn't read that book - I am going to pick that up - I want to go see Bridget Jones Edge of Reason this weekend and see how different the book and the movie are!

I just started London Bridges by James Patterson. It the next in the Alex Cross series.

Oh, I love Alex Cross. Do tell what you thought of the book. It will be awhile before i get to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Texi, I feel the same way about her. I cringe every time I watch $40 a day and see her leave her $1.13 tip for $15 meal. She drives me so crazy yet I can't stop watching her show.
    I just finished reading Wicked: The True Story of the Wicked Witch of the West. This book was good, really different though. Now I want to go and read the Wizard of Oz.
    Earlier this week I also read Running with Scissors, this book is messed up. I read Magical Thinking for my book club and enjoyed it but wanted to read the one that went before it. They are both pretty interesting!

BlondieGirl.... Just wanted to let you know that I just finished "Blue Dahlia" yesterday and really enjoyed it. Yet another fun Nora Roberts romp with a bit of a twist. I'll enjoy this twist.

Now I'm going to finally read my copy of "The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club" by Laurie Notaro.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread